Some mods not working on MS store version after patch 58259

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• **GAME BUILD #58259.0
  • **GAME PLATFORM: Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Mods that resize and/or relocate the minimap do not work. Mods that change tooltips also don’t work. Issue probably affects all mods that use json files. It looks like the game is not reading any mod’s json files correctly. This bug happened only after the latest patch. It is not specific to my system since other MS store version users have written in the forum that they have the same issue.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Load the MS Store version of AOE2 DE. (This problem does not happen on the Steam version).
  2. Subscribe to any mod that changes the minimap size or location (ex.:“Bigger Minimap”, “Bigger Centered Minimap”, “Bigger minimap 50 percent increase”, “Haro transparent UI 2”)
  3. Exit and restart the game and start a match.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Minimap mods should work

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

1 Like

Hi Tharkun221!

Is the problem still present in the last version? 58850

@IkoKnight8151 Microsoft Store cannot install PUP version.

In Microsoft Store the PUP is not available unfortunately.

However you should have 58850 version now there. After this update, do you have any issue?

Wait, 58850 is a live update? I don’t see any post about it.
Last pinned update post is this one on announcement section:

A lot of mods don’t work even after last patch (today). Included the no intro mod and the bigger group number (character) mod, and after 2-3 restart of the game the mod list resets and I have to activate every mod again, including the official mods like the anniversary main menu or the mandarin berry bushes.
This started after patch 58259.
If I knew this game was so bad I would have never bought it in the Microsoft Store. Biggest error of my Aoe life. Should have bought it on steam :sob:

1 Like

Yes, same problem with mods in version 58850

1 Like

Same problem… any update?

1 Like

Can you give us an update on this issue. We’re having the same problem with version 58850

Yes, the problem is still present.

Hello everyone!

Thank you for letting us know that this issue is still present. This issue related with minimap mods in Microsoft Store is now being tracked!

2 Likes

Good to hear, thank you.

Looks like his issue has been fixed in the latest patch (59165). Nice work!

1 Like