Some new ideas for bonuses/techs/units

1. Petards blast radius increased.
    ->This unit is surely underutilized. By increasing the Blast Radius, I aim that it hurts more than 2 buildings if they are close enough.

2. Chariot/Charioteer: This unit is present in the game as Tsar Constantine in Ivaylo 1st mission. The design of the unit is actually great. The unit in the game is a hero unit and its sprite is unused other than the Hero unit.

It is to a Paladin, what a War Wagon is to a Cavalry Archer, slightly slower but more HP. An interesting mechanic for this unit can be it is affected by Bloodlines twice or thrice since it has 2 or 3 horses (I don’t remember exactly) or it can be a heavy Cavalry unit for a civ which lacks Bloodlines, just how Koreans do not have Bloodlines.

Stats: 200 HP and 275 HP (Elite) (if civ does not have Bloodlines)
Attack: 12 attack melee and 15 attack melee (Elite)
Speed: 1.2
Armor: 1/2 and 1/3 (Elite)
Attack bonuses for the unit: none
Attack bonuses against the unit: Cavalry - takes 50% more damage by setting attack bonus resistance to -0.5
Special ability: does not receive attack bonus from Samurais (does not have unique unit armor class)

Basically a fast battle elefant?

I feel that the Battle Elephant has too less HP compared to the War Elephant.

Thanks for pointing out. This won’t be much of a problem since this will be a unique unit. However, if the devs try to give it as a regional Cavalry unit say to India it can get its HP changed to 150 and 225 (Elite)

Chariots were obsolete before medieval era started

3 Likes

Well the unit is immensely cheaper and available in stables, of course it has to be magnitudes weaker than war eles.

1 Like