Some unique techs are not OK

but that would be too similar to keshiks

Keshik gets gold per attack, Huns get ressources per building destroyed. Thats different enough

i think in differences yes but in the mechanic the same as they could need something unique also i mean it differs from what they get for example

getting wood: from attacking a lumbercamp
getting gold and or Stone: from attacking an Mining camp
Getting Food: from attacking A Mill

Would benefit their raiding abilities plus their extra damage against buildings eventho i think it should be +15 or something

other thing is what if they destroy houses they can expand their pop like +5 for every house until +20 or something

No the mechanic is very different :smiley: What you count to generate ressources is different if you wanna implment that in the game. A building razed variable is available in HD already, in DE that was added hence you cant make Keshik in UP of HD.

Too complicated man :joy: I mean, it can be good on paper, but AOE mechanics and techs are usally much more simple and i think it’s fine like this

What do you guys think for Atheism :
Once its researched, all relics don’t generate gold income anymore.

It can be a very unique tech, with a proper purpose allowing Huns to get a nice advantage in late game if they don’t go for relic’s hunt.

But it’s just an idea Huns are already a strong civ, and it may be OP if you playing against Aztecs or Burmese

4 Likes

I think nomads should give max pop space (like the hun bonus effect but paid), don’t think it will break anything. Some of you did point of its current use but it’s sure not worth 300w 150g. Mongols tend to build a lot of castles so getting housed is mostly an unlikely scenario

2 Likes

Problem is, “Nomad” tech doesn’t work with castle and TC’s, only with houses

1 Like

This tech doesnt make sense to me. There are no auras in aoe2 and affecting the game in general so harsh is not good. You also dont make a UT that is called poisonsed wells that makes all farms expire

1 Like

Well, fair point

It was just an idea crossing my mind, we’re here to brainstorm :wink:

1 Like

What we need is unique icons for the techs, not those generic nonsensical gold and silver crowns.

3 Likes

I think 70 new icons could be too much, but as a graphical mod you could add that :slight_smile:

We need the developers to release the restrictions on the number of icons for techs, buildings and units.

This is actually a fantastic idea and example ! We need more unique tech that can against universal civ but not totally take away their bonus!

Well
 Except Aztec lol

1 Like

About the Mongols castle age unique tech, i suggest to become a tech that make the population room go for full room space (200), like the Huns.
And i have a comment about the Huns imperial unique tech, which make the relics and wonders have more years to win the game, this tech is completely useless and trash, they must change it.
And another one is Madrasa, it is a unique tech for Saracens that make the monks return 33% of their gold when they got killed, i suggest to become a tech that make the monks cost 33% cheaper, and about the orthodoxy i agree that they should fix it too, actually there are many unique techs in the game that is completely a big joke, i wonder how the devs put them in the game?!

1 Like

I think the most obvious they need to change is Atheism for Huns.
Huns were nerfed a lot since AoC to the current balance of DE, both directly and indirectly.
Direct:

• Nerfed the Cav archer price bonus.

Indirect:

• Changed house price from 30 to 25 wood (less valuable civ bonus).
  • Lowered price of Cav archer generally (again making civ bonus less valuable).

Cav archers also don’t feel the same yet in DE as AoC, but that is another issue I guess.

And it’s weird that Huns got stuck with the stupid unique tech that even the original Devs thought to be senseless (i.e. Huns were not Atheist but had a Tengri worshipping shamanist faith).

Now, I’m not saying that the changes before were not OK, but I think Huns could get some new situational bonus with a new imp unique tech, giving them some love after all the nerfs.

I believe Marauders was actually a really nice addition though, there are times that you would want to go Tarkans instead of Palas.

8 Likes

It would be good if they extend the bonus to Castles and Town Centers too, cos currently it only affects Houses

4 Likes

I want to add Cumans in the list

Steppe husbandry makes not-fully-upgraded cavalry archer creation speed faster. It is weird to me.

Cuman mercenaries disappointment. I think they need to find new thing because limited unit sharing too weak unlimited unique unit sharing nonsense.

1 Like

I think we are talking about completely different levels of bad:
Completely pointless:
Huns Atheism

Never worth researching/useless:
Slavs Orthodoxy
Saracens Madrasah

Pretty bad:
Cuman Mercenaries
Portuguese Arquebus

I think with above techs everybody can agree.
Then there are techs that only affect ships, which are pointless on land maps, but well thats just how a game with different maps is.
Byzantines are a bit special here, because the other tech affects only their unique unit which is rarely used anyways, so they basically feel like having no unique tech at all.

Steppe husbandry halfs the creation time of light cav though. I agree including cav archers is just weird but the tech is still good.
With cuman Mercenaries i agree. Suddenly training 10 units without even any notification, while half your team probably hasnt even teched into archers is just weird Design.

1 Like

What if it was unlimited UU sharing, except for your allies it’s 15 more gold to train them. (Cost for allies 60 wood, 50 gold) but then every time an ally trains them the cuman player gets 15 gold.