Spain needs something

nice joke bro sure u don’t play them

2 Likes

1vs1 is ok.
But Spain team game is not good.
What about team card, like shipment exp cost cheaper or 200gold per shipment.

1 Like

I think what spain needs more in teamgames is a buff in form of a card in age 4 for both rodelero and pikemen. This are 2 of the main Spain units and once the game reaches age 4 they are nearly useless, even more in teamgames where they are sniped out of reality by range inf and cannons before they can even aproach to the cav. I mean, spain already has a card in age 4 aimed to both this units but its so trash I never saw anyone using it, Im talking about Tercio Tactics, if they could just change the effect to something that buffs both rodeleros and pikemen Spain would be a lot better in teamgames and it wouldnt affect 1vs1 and at the same time would still maintain the identity of the nation. And the buff it could be something as simple as gives rodelero +1 speed and pikemen +0.5 inf bonus (I mean they are guys with a ■■■■■■■ pike and its damage is trash).

2 Likes

Is Spain your main civ? I guarantee anyone who plays Spain as their main 1v1 civ will agree they’re underpowered. In the pro tourneys Spain is maybe chosen once or twice out of a hundred games.
Yes, for some matchups they’re fine, but they’re seriously slacking vs. France & Britain especially. I feel they both just cold counter Spain. Relying solely on melee unit shipments is a huge disadvantage, and melee units glitch the most, Spain should at least have faster shipments or a small HP boost to rods like the uhlans just received.

2 Likes

I didn’t said spain is OP, I said there’s a simple FF strat everybody does, which is very strong against some civs and useless against others.

Basically, you will be able to win most of your mus with that strat. There’s a lot of spain players around top 100 that only do that. They will ofc loose vs France or brit sometimes, but they will have 90% winrate vs dutch as there’s no counter with that civ.

That’s why I said it’s a bot strat. Always doing the same thing, and winning the good mus and loosing tha bad ones. But basically you will win more than you loose until a certain elo.

You will never reach the top 50 doing that ofc, but that’s not those player’s goal.

Everyone does FF because their age 2 is weak. The new Logistician politician was a decent attempt at making Spain viable age 2 but it’s far too slow, against France and Brits they’ll still outmass you 2 - 1 in colonial age with superior eco.
I think every civ should have more than 1 or 2 options, and no matchup should be so lopsided you may as well resign before the game begins.
Maybe giving Spain an extra wood crate and taking away a food crate would work, could even take 50 f and give 50w.

2 Likes

That would make it way too strong.
That means can start tp at all times and only chop 50w for a house and it will only buff their ff even further while their age 2 will remain the same.
If u wanna encourage age 2 play u could tweak the logistician a bit or maybe have a card that turns huss into lancers or something like that

1 Like

Okay, I agree with you not tweaking the starting crates would be too strong.
Huss into lancer could be cool. That card Tercio Tactics that turns pikes into rods is pretty useless, maybe they could tweak that one somehow.
Honestly, what I think would be fair and not make Spain OP would be to take away the 6 rods and replace with 3 huss card, it’s stilla melee unit shipment (civ identity). Spain needs some better raiding potential to be able to disrupt British boom to make up for spain’s poor eco and overall the low siege damage Spanish units have.

3 Likes

6rod into 3 huss sounds good too yep.
Could send that in transition for raiding or could time it to arrive with age up units (8bow/4huss) if under pressure too.

1 Like

Woohoo, thanks for agreeing.
If you think about, all of Spain’s age2 unit shipments are ONLY anti cav (6 & 7 rods, 8 pike, 11 maya spears) whereas every other civ has a choice of at least two counter units, for example:
France can send 8 xbows or 3 hussars depending what the enemy army composition is.
Spain is stuck with relying only on anti cav shipments.
If they don’t switch rods for huss they could at least switch the mayan spearmen to carib blowgunners or seminole archers which would make the shipment way more useful in age2.

3 Likes