Spanish need a rework

Spanish in economy is great for me but the military need some improvements, they are weak in the beginning, if you are against the spanish you can beat them more often than the others civilisations if you know their weakness.
Age II

Muskee Man:

A Conquistador Bellicist, good against heavy infantry, they are good in numbers but they are the weakest bellicist.

Conquistador :

Replace Musketeer

Strong Musketeer Unit with a sword and armor, have more protection than the others musketter with his armor and more hp but less than the mexican, have a great melee damage, the best among the musketeer in melee but do less damage in range.

Rodelero :

Nothing Change but they are train faster.

Cavalry Regiment El Rey :

Replace Hussard, Cavalry of the spanish. Good against heavy infantry, weak against infantry.

Age of empire III begin in the era of the colonisation it will be logic to add those units for age II nothing change, the rest is good for me.

War Dog :

War Dog can be train in casern. They are good against infantry and cavalry, but weak against heavy infantry, their cost don’t change, you can use a card who make them stronger. War dog are very fast and can be very useful in the Age II and III in numbers, they will remain weaks but in group they can be very useful with other units.

1 Like

Spain are fine as they are, they’re a top tier civ and certainly don’t need more buffs.

6 Likes

Not agree, even though there is no argument i can’t take you seriously, for example a lot of civilisation can beat them in a rush, their military units are not really good compared to a lot of civilisations, there are only fast castle and economic boom strategy because of the military units, they are pretty nerfed and need a buff. Knowing they respect more Spanish in AOE II than AOE III, and knowing AOE III want to respect history of military units they can make those units in age II. Like they do to Mexican for example, British, German, all the civilisations and add a new unit for the Swedish.

1 Like

If by rework you mean something similar to what the developers did with the English I think that really all civilizations need a rework.

4 Likes

pues me gustaría que la carta de tácticas de tercio no fuera tan basura, ósea que le diese a los piqueros un ataque de alcance de arcabuz de 10 o 11 de rango estaría bien. (usando la carta claro xd)

3 Likes

All of them will likely be reworked it’s just a question of when.

6 Likes

There is nothing wrong with Spanish units. The only issue relating to Spanish units is directly tied to their most common tactic. The ff followed by card after card of separate units. If you had a different tactic and forgo the card spam and center on one or two unit combos you would find that the unit problem goes away. It’s self inflicted. Spanish musketeer spam has killed me off more than a few times.

2 Likes

Logistician is still usable too especially on water, it’s just extra resources while doing the same boom many other civs do without those. It doesn’t compete with ports or something but it’s still far from bad.

1 Like

I think Spain only needs one card to make the transition from using archaic to modern units possible, you know a simple general infantry combat card or something.
Well, one thing I’d like to see revised is the description of Spain in the game’s history section, it’s practically a “leyenda negra” pamphlet.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about creating a thread about the compendium of Spain for some time or talking directly with them privately…

2 Likes

In relation to above post about unit spread. The point I’m getting at is you have alot of separate unupgraded unit types that can be isolated and snipped off. It’s powerful but if it doesn’t work you can quickly get left in the dirt. It’s known as an all in if it doesn’t work your in trouble.

It’s the Spanish problem actually if you think about it, rodelero are not really useful in Age II musketeer destroy them, in late game they are useful, but a lot of units are not used in the beginning this is why add those units will correct this problem.

1 Like

En el compendio de Holanda también hay una connotación negativa hacia el catolicismo y la corona espanõla.

2 Likes

Because it wasn’t enough. They don’t say anything good about Spain, it’s incredible

1 Like

Yes and No, this is why some civilisations need to be updated, here with spanish like i said it’s just the military unit who need to be changed.

1 Like

Yes, we are aware that they are not going to do a complete rework and less to Spain but we are satisfied with some change like the Chinese, Aztecs and English.

1 Like

Yes but still all civilisation deserve to be changed in a way.

1 Like

Well, we got our rework, opinions guys? Haha…

1 Like

I just put my opinion on the other topic.

Regarding the letter of the conquerors, you are right.

For me it’s a bit absurd and late game but hey, the developers have listened to us and have given them to us because they are our conquerors haha

1 Like

Supongo que si jaja aunque… seamos justo la carta de reconquista es un meme xd
perder 50 soldados para tener 10 no es muy rentable xd

3 Likes