Spec player not matched with selected one

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: Newest
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

When spectating a game, if you select some other player perspective, everything of player selection will just messed up.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Spec some game
  2. Change player perspective
  3. Change player perspective again

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Hey @WipeIt7314

Unfortunately I am not sure what the issue is you are describing. Could you please attach some screenshots?
I am personally unable to see any problems following your reproduction steps.

Hi,
It seems that this bug has been fixed by the newest patch without mentioning on the patch note. I was wrong previously because I was using hotkeys to select players. In that way, despite hotkey selection and actual player is inconsistent, what I described is indeed correct.

I noticed a related issue before that happens where there are players with extra long names in the recorded game, the selected player is not matched with selected one.

I had the same multiple times already.
A player on the dropdown menu bottom left is selected, but the actually selected player doesnt match.
4v4 games.

Pretty sure this bug is still here. At least in recs, maybe not when spectating games, but this of course needs more tests. The affiliated rec can be an example.

MP Replay v101.101.63581.0 @2022.07.18 225651 (8).aoe2record (3.6 MB)

Hey @WipeIt7314

I checked out the recorded game and now understand the issue you are referring to, which is already being tracked :slight_smile:

2 Likes