If it’s true that giving Goths 35% cheaper infantry from the dark age is far too overpowered on open maps like Arabia, such that rather than making them a top tier Arabia civ it just makes them a clear #1 and completely overpowered …
…please don’t go to the other extreme and just remove their new bonus altogether. As, Goths SHOULD be top tier on Arabia, they’re a barbaric civ.
If -35% from the dark age is too strong, but NOT having it from the dark age makes them very weak on Arabia, then there must be a sweet spot. i.e. something like:
“Goth infantry cost -20% starting from the dark age and -35% from the feudal age onwards.”
If 20% is too strong then reduce it to 15%. But if they’re totally overpowered with -35% from the dark age and far too weak without any bonus like that altogether in the dark age … then I think there must be a sweet spot.
It’s an indirect eco bonus that very much suits their aggressive style and only makes them stronger on open maps where drushing is viable. That’s what a barbaric infantry civ like Goths SHOULD be like. It’s just the case that -35% from the dark age may be far too strong.
Thoughts on -20% from the Dark age and -35% from the feudal age onwards, and if 20% from the dark age is still too cheap reduce it to -15%?
I think we WANT Goth to be top tier on Arabia instead of bottom tier … we just don’t want them to be overpowered and clearly much better than other top tier civs.
I’ve added a poll on the matter. Agaim, this is regarding the change in the latest update that made the Goth -35% infantry cost bonus start from the dark age instead of the feudal age. Here are some possible options for you to vote on:
- Change the Goths’ bonus to infantry cost -20% in the dark age and -35% in the feudal age onwards.
- Change the Goths’ bonus to -15% in the dark age and -35% in the feudal age onwards because -20% in the dark age is still too strong.
- Remove the new Goths’ bonus altogether. I don’t like it at all and the Goths need some sort of eco bonus instead.
- Keep the new Goths’ bonus as it is… I like it! It’s not overpowered … it just makes Goths a top tier civ on maps like Arabia.
I’ve decided that as their new bonus is so strong … I’m gonna play it safe and vote for -15% rather than -20% (from the dark age, they’ll still be -35% from feudal).
EDIT: One person voted in the poll but I corrected a typo in the poll and it removed their vote. Apologies, I didn’t realize it would do that. Feel free to vote again!