Stances for monks

What difference does that make?

AOE 3 is a different game than AOE2.
Yet, a scenario editor unit is appreciated.

Well, I can also accept it even if the warrior monk is available in the normal game.
Maybe a castle age unit in the monastery, quantity limit, strong but no imperial upgrade. Similar to the usage of Italian Condottieri, train it for emergency when the player did not upgrade his swordman or infantry armor.

No, just no. One of the reasons I dislike AOE3 is because of quantity limit for some units and most of the buildings

1 Like

Iā€™d love to have this as a mod, just for fun. Currently been playing with 3x tech mod, with the Slavs having Monks with 9 armour. Itā€™s A LOT of fun to go around converting an entire base. Iā€™d be happy to try to make this mod myself, if I knew where to begin!

yup, we have meso monks, why not? The unit recogntion problem shouldnā€™t affect monks

You donā€™t need to design new behaviors for the stances. It is too complicated. You only need to make monks work the same way as spies in Rise of Nation or casters in Warcraft 3: Each click orders only one monk to perform an action when multiple monks are selected. And then monks will be easy to use.

I like Age of Empires series because it is not a micro heavy RTS like Starcraft in which every unit has multiple special abilities. In Starcraft, a pro player is forced to be retired when his age is over 25. However in Age of Empires, there are still many very active pro players over 30. I think this is why Age of Empires is amazing: The decisions making is more important than micromanagement. Most of the units are viable for casual players like me, and yet the game is still very competitive between high level players.

I recently found that I donā€™t need to drop resources when I switch the task of villiagers, and I am happy with it. It greatly reduces the micro requirement to me so I can concentrate more on the strategy. I mean, there has already been countless QoL changes like this applied sneakly. Many of them were applied long time ago before DE released. No one complained and everybody seemed fine with it. But when someone makes a new request like this thread, suddenly angry people emerge and say they donā€™t want it? I donā€™t get it.

I will support any improvement that furtherly make control easier. And make balance adjustment based on it if needed.

Why are Monk with Relics selected as Military Units when ctrl + , is pressed. They cannot convert or heal. They are not a military unit!