Steppe Lancer civilizations should lose Knights

Lions are never the majority.
Also, a lion in this case, would be a top 10 player, not a forum goer.

1 Like

Who? You? :smile:

20 chars

2 Likes

Which you are yourself. :rofl:

Not me, but people like TheViper, Hera and Nili. As I have pointed out MULTIPLE times now

I always speak out pro issues.

Then give some references to pros saying, that those civilizations should lose knights.

5 Likes

except how often have you seen pros say we should remove knights from SL civs?
or that we should buff Infantry UU?
or that we should reduce the cost of Elephants by 20%?
or that we should completely redesign civs to be balanced around their UU?
or that the Militia line should be buffed?
where have pros ever talked about the state of the turtle ship?
where have you ever seen pros complain about the knights and crossbow meta?
where have you ever seen pros complain about the diversity in the game (as a matter of a fact, i have seen pros talk about diversity. they say the game has never been more diverse/balanced)?

come on parthnan. if you’re going to say you speak for the pros, don’t use it to push your own agenda.
either you speak for the pros on some things, but everything else is your own opinion and the pros shouldn’t be involved or you should provide sources backing up your opinion.

6 Likes

Please give us some references to substantiate your statements.

You can’t just “speak for the pros” without any solid evidence that they actually said that.

5 Likes

Memb, Nili and Hera have all explicitly said multiple times during Match Commentary that SL as they are are basically useless and there is no situation where they would go for them.

TheViper has laughed on the idea of going SL on stream.

1 Like

Memb isn’t a pro.
where did they ask to remove knights from SL civs and have SL replace them?

also,

2 Likes

wtf dude, that has nothing to do with losing knights
 its like saying “viper never goes karambit, so they should lose 2hs”

even when SL are buffed they will fill different rolls to knights
 not even “should:” they WILL FILL different rolls
 a saracen camel isnt a knight, they only lost knights otherwise their tech tree would be too open, itdoesnt mean saracens can now use camels to do a knight’s job

6 Likes

I am not so sure of that
If the past has taught us anything about the SL,
it’s either the SL>Knight-Line and everyone goes for SL, or the Knight-Line>SL and everyone go for Knights.

Show me where the pros ask for lancer civs to lose knights.

5 Likes

Which is why I never called myself a “lion”.

3 Likes

or considering that every civ that gets the SL has bonuses that apply to light cav that applies to SL but not knights means they share a role with the Scout line and not the Knight Line.
Mongols Extra health applies to scouts. and SL. but not Knights.
Tatars extra pierce armor applies to scouts and SL. but not knights.
Cumans faster creation tech applies to scouts and SL. but not knights.
its almost like the SL isn’t supposed to be a knight.

2 Likes

Unit Statistics don’t matter, they can be anything
It’s the Frequency of Usage of the Unit in Ranked play that matters. That’s what all those 50 different Unit stats in the Genie Editor boil down to.

and yet you are the one saying its supposed to be a knight when everything says otherwise.

also still waiting for you to show us where the pros asked for SL civs to lose knights, oh wise and mighty speaker of the pros.

1 Like

:rofl: Ok fine, I don’t always speak pro’s opinions, but for many of the crucial things i definetly do.

I have my original ideas for balancing as well.

many? i can count three things that you have listed, and even some of those you are twisting their words or the pros have since changed their stance.

so yes. the pros think the SL needs to be buffed. guess what? most here agree with that.

And the logical conclusion in that case is this:

No matter what you do to them, the SL being a high Attack Gold Cavalry will always end up filling the same role as Knights

how is that logical? nothing i have seen shows that the SL is supposed to be a knight variant.
it doesn’t have melee armor, it doesn’t have high health, and it benefits from scout cavalry bonuses and not knight bonuses.

except they aren’t high attack.

3 Likes