Steppe lancers really need a buff!

The fact that they are easily countered wouldn’t be so bad if they would be a great raiding unit.

They are way too situational now. You need a group to make optimal use of their range, and since they have less pierce armor than LC, they are more vulnerable to TC fire and archers. In most situations they are simply inferior to knights and it’s not worth investing in them. I propose +1 pierce armor (same as LC and knights, so they can withstand TC and archer fire a little better) and/or a Rate of Fire increase, allowing fast and effective raids.

Also I think their Elite upgrade is almost never worth it and they rarely become a viable late game option. It’s almost always better to go Knights or Cavalry Archers.

1 Like

I agree, although thats probably not enough since even the tatar SL already has 2PA and still sucks to ranged fire for that cost… rather use hussars.

so would say +1PA and a ~10 gold decrease or something

honestly I’d love to see more SL, slingers and condottiero late game. especially SL being expensive as it is, could definitely need a buff

2 Likes

Stats buff is better to manipulate than cost buff. Restore their stats before nerf is better than cost reduction. If this is not enough, +10HP for Steppe Lancer and elite version would be fine.

1 Like