Still can't change all hotkeys

They really NEED to do this.

1 Like

Observing and replays

Does this mean if I play a game, and I play skirmish, I can finish the game and win? Or does it how work? If I finish can I take a replay of a skirmish game?

Thanks very much for getting back to us! We appreciate the feedback and would love to hear more from you. We will pass on your suggestion to the dev team. We want to assure that all your comments are reviewed by dev team. Any useful ideas and comments will definitely be taken into account by the team.

9 Likes

Since you are stating that all feedback here is checked, can you please explain to us why none of the feedback was taken into consideration and applied into the game so far for such obvious missing features? And why do you refuse any dialogue with the community here offering feedback?

10 Likes

same PR bs they copy and paste since the alpha, and nothing is changed.

6 Likes

Indeed, I cant accept this anymore either.

3 Likes

Since this was the first hotkey thread I saw, and just to make sure I’m not going crazy, is the only way to select all stables is to hit F1 then tab until they are selected?

So as i correctly understand this - team just decided they don’t want to implement it after closed beta or stress test? Your comment is misleading, it’s just copy paste to write anything. This was was reported in beta few months ago. You should present some work already on this feature instead of writing posts like this. You want to tell us that you just ignored it previously what was written or what? It doesn’t make any sense.

You are simply telling that during beta and stress test you ignored what fans wrote and now you will focus on it? Or what? So what was the purpose of those tests? I would like to know some answer to this.

2 Likes

Two things I hated about this game in the Beta. Hotkeys and Zoom. Neither were fixed.

4 Likes

Gotta be honest here, the hotkey issue is where I draw the line if i buy the game for 60€ or not. I can live with everything else, but not being able to set up freely hotkeys in an AAA title is quite something, considering already 20 years ago you could do that. The fact that there wasnt time in the last 3 months for something so fundamental is completly ununderstandable.

10 Likes

This is one reason why they probably never or rarely post. Every time they do, they get scolded. If you want them to participate and say more in the forums, I have a feeling being more accepting and trusting in their words would be helpful.

They maybe didn’t say much in the past, but here they are actively saying they want our feedback and thanking for the suggestion. Doing exactly what you’ve wanted… no?

Dev work for AoE4 didn’t magically stop on Thursday. You never know when past suggestions, or current or future ones, will get put in the game. What is an obvious missing feature? Aside from zoom and population count, maybe hotkeys, I can’t think of too many. But like I said, dev work didn’t stop and now they are talking in the forum.

I just hope constant posts now of discontent over what they didn’t do in the past doesn’t keep them away. Please don’t ruin this for everyone here. I like seeing their posts and community engagement. Seems like you do, too. I know you probably feel a bit jaded, but what if they are being genuine in wanting to fine-tune/improve the game going forward?

2 Likes

Just requested refund on Steam: add the option to completely customize hot keys or this game can die into unpopularity.

1 Like

Are the devs paying attention to this? I requested my refund on account of the hotkey issue.

1 Like

As far as I can tell, browsing the forum, reddit, and twitter,

the devs have not acknowledged the complaints about hotkeys, zoom level, or other lacking features at all.

4 Likes

Isgreen already said hotkeys were being worked on. That’s why I’m not as concerned about it

oh, awesome!
whered you hear that
link?

It was some Xbox podcast interview a while ago.

has there been any updates or communications from the devs on when this will be added?

2 Likes

Thank you for leting us know! I really hope you guys implemment those changes, as many people said this is fundamental. Personally, the hotkey issue is where I draw the line if i buy the game or not.

1 Like