[Suggestion Balance] Reduce pierce armor of Elite plumed archer by 1 or reduce attack bonus

To everyone here saying why would you make spears against mayans, you don’t but it affects them in team games. If a team has cavs and it is mixed with plumed, it is a huge bonus for mayans team and that is why every archer only has 2 as bonus for spearman line. Japanese samurai’s, the counter to UU, don’t counter plumed because of their infantry bonus and speed. A mix of samurai and halbs do nothing against cavaliers and plumed archers. A mix of samurai and arbalest don’t do much vs cavliers and plumed because of their pierce and a mix of halbs and arbalest don’t do much because halbs melt and arbalest can’t cause enough damage. Siege isn’t that much of an option if you don’t have siege onager against plumed (or cavs) as they tank it.

In fact overall, this isn’t a nerf for them. It is a buff in 1 vs 1 but a nerf in team games (if chosen the attack nerf option). The nerf is to be done to eldorado and is already referred in my other thread.

Ignore the thread… ? Did i come to your house and force your head to read it?

In most team games everyone goes for a gold unit. So of course halbs and arbalest loose against cavalier and plumes. That seems like a game in which the halb player made the wrong unit and thus you loose.

1 Like

Why the hell should you go samurai and spears in team game where the go to composition is archers + cavalry. Ofc you are going to lose against cavalry+ archers, why are you even surprised

1 Like

as you can clearly see from his answer, no 11

1 Like

Parthian tactics cough

The only UU archers the Samurai can reliably counter are the one microed by your cat when you look away 11 More seriously, I only found one game so far where they did good vs an archer UU. Mr.Yo won with mostly samurai vs Tatoh who was Vietnamese, but Tatoh didn’t have enough rattans and had to make skirms, and those aren’t good vs any gold infantry anyway.

with the cost of the cav archer?

It is because japanese are a bit underwhelming currently. I am thinking if i should open a thread to buff samurai for +1 pierce and more movement.

1 Like

Seriously you will gain more hate if you continue with this pattern

If people hate me for suggesting balance changes, the problem aren’t the threads really.

They end up with +6 against spears. And they have better base attack than plumes.

Actually if he proposed more speed and PA for samurai that would be his first relevant buff proposition.

Ya I think that Samurai could get some love but I talk about him with his endless nerf posts so the people won’t take that friendly. Remember the one that do that and near everyone started to hate him, and even we halted the famous one of the AOEzone

But if he does a thread that isn’t about nerfing stuff for no reason that should be fine right?

1 Like

Balanced by their cost. And training time.

Plumes comes out of castle so the TT point is meh. And cost matters less in TG.

Also Rattan comes out of a castle.

Cost still matters for vills working on resources. For cav archer constant production means more vills working.

This is true, my case was in general for combined forces of plumed but fixes this problem as well.

I wouldn’t say this. It feels like this because melee ‘attack’ is used by slow moving units as well, such as infantry while pierced is used by range units.

Against massed plumed that can run away with their speed, you aren’t going to charge in low cavalier number. They will get the same as arbalester.