[Suggestion Balance] Reduce range of towers in feudal to 7, Castle age it gets to 8 again

Do you know that the tower nerfs were also heavily pushed by the pros (with some exceptions like Vivi), right?

1 Like

Trush nerf made the game much boring especially with the new arabia map generation. Vivi forwards are just much more fun than Briton drush FC.

1 Like

this is a map problem tho. i think at decent elo most people agree on the fact that ladder arabia is way too wallable, but on voobly towers were literally bullshit

Don’t worry, they melt into the sea, eventually

2 Likes

That’s why I rarely play 1v1. Map generation annoys me.

I feel you. Since in the last months I had little time to play, i usually chose tgs with friend over 1v1.
If only they’d put kotd3 arabia in that pool i’d istantly go back to 1v1

1 Like

You give up scouting because you have to defend as
 guess what
 you have 1 scout

I don’t know what you are saying. These are legit strat that are played.

Again, what you ask is nonesense. There doesn’t exist a pool of game that i can download and then extrapolate automatically ‘tower rush plays’ to see if it was successful or not.

No, let me explain how it works in reality:

• you scout and you check the gold mine of your enemy: if it misses gold he is going drush.
  • you scout the barracks: it’ an early rax? Most likely drush, go check his gold if you havent. At any point in you can also click on it to see its waypoint (yes, you can do it). Waypoint forward? The drush is on his way. Drush (you should also consider the in game for this)
  • the drush is coming? Prehemptive walls on berries and woodline. Keep you scout forward.
  • it’s a m@a tower? He will usually keep the drush at home and move it forward. You should be able to scout it.
  • if your scout for whatever reason is late you can check a score drop + his stone since he should move 4/5 vills to stone once he goes up.

A good player will always scout a trush

1 Like

Wait do you know you don’t have maps on explored?

do u know what’s the point of having a scout at the start?

3 Likes

When nerfing tower rushes people often forget that towers are supposed to be used as an emergency defense tool. Ideally, this function should be preserved, not removed.

1 Like

I’ve told you exactly what I do every game. Welcome to the big boys league, where you can actually use your scout.
And btw this is a fraction of what happens at high elo levels when scouting

(just for the last quote - it doesn’t mean you are always good)

Look, this is a game that came out in another thread i am discussing.

Why didn’t Lyx predict the douche? He had scout? Did Viper hack the game? And this is socotra, where the two of you are almost attached.

That is why i changed suggestion from 6 → 7 because, if enemy is faster too for castle age and pushes mangonel, tower is still somehow (not that much anyway) viable for defense.

this is a ladder game on a non competitive map.

I asked you for a tournament game where a pro wins with a douche against someone of a similar or a higher level.

Ladder games means nothing, especially Viper ones when he trolls most of the time. Go ahead and ask in his stream if the douche is a strong strategy

1 Like

This is also dark age where there isn’t that much counterplay that stops the douche from happening because its 3 minutes into the game instead of 8. Also there isn’t anything to scout other than the villagers walking forward while trush requires stone miners and a significant number of towers, plus you can easily just counter tower after he builds his first. (After the first tower you know you’re getting tower rushed so just counter tower the next one

Well there you have it, hera was almost losing to a goth player douching him and hera is quite better than the opponent.

almost losing.
but lets ignore that hera did not play well.
he didn’t block the tc well despite scouting it and let himself be cut off from his food.
he ran a couple villagers right into the tc.
he didn’t even anticipate the potential for cheese and prepare for it (repard had literally lost his scout).

the best thing he did was that trap to end the game.

but yes, let’s balance the game around playing poorly, sounds good.

Not a win, try again

Read the full sentece if you may. Hera isn’t near the opponenr level, he is way higher and was losing. The last trap basically returned him to the game.

This situations shows that against similar level player, the douche is favoured and way too much.

For almost every strategy that kinda work you can found examples of the weaker player beating the stronger player. This mean that you just cant make your point based on a single example. We cant conclude that the douche is favoured against players with similar strength at all.

1 Like