Suggestion: Bombard Cannon Aggro Order

Really simple. If your bombard cannon(s) are in range of a building, you probably want it shooting the building. You only want it not shooting the building if there’s siege you’d micro down first (onagers, trebs, other BBC’s, etc.) and yet BBC’s need to be tended to way, way more than the other siege options because of the order that they engage targets. They will always aggro targets in largely the same pattern all non-Ram, non-Treb units will, by attacking the closest enemy unit.

Just adjust them to primarily focusing buildings in range instead and the intense micromanagement turns into focusing threats but otherwise letting them do the job of making progress while you adjust your army positioning to keep them safe, which is how (I think) it should be.

2 Likes

I would like them to fix attack command queue first when a group of bbc or other military units are selected…

Your proposal does seem to me too big change, maybe its just me (Im too old) I would like to hear what others have to say

I actually thought they were bugging out on me the other day against ai. I could’ve sworn I was trying to target fire/attack ground and they just did their own thing attacking units.

Maybe I was pressing patrol by accident - I’ll have to test this further.

You’re not insane. BBC always attacks closest units. Whether that be a squabbling vilager being ejecting from a burning building or a Hussar soon to be mowed down by waiting Halbs, unless you specifically tell them to do otherwise. I just want them to hit buildings until I tell them it’s a bad idea, not miss villagers until I give them a good idea.