Suggestion: FFA Ladder

Someone told me that muting players would be a good idea, and it might be, cuz it stops alliances.

Possibly, I got pretty cheesed after going a FFA which turned out to be a 4v1v1v1v1. Some people have no lives I guess, but that was a waste of 2.5 hrs of my time.

So either it’s done by the game via MM or I’m never playing another ffa

Just a ffa looby elo would do in my opinion
No need for matchmaking I’m ffa, that’s the beauty of the game mode, even weaker players can beat stronger ones sometimes if worked together. And comebacks (aka feitorias in a corner) are also possible while in teamgames once your team is beaten is over. No amount of hiding villager in the corner will safe

More often than not in ffa and diplo the game ends without a winner thought after hours of play one side just resigns even thought it could go another hour easy.

Is ithsz really a game mode that can work with elo? Strict Matchmaking isn’t needed in my opinion, maybe with a wide range of player matching

I assume there’s some data on how it can work with matchmaking since that’s what they’ve got with Battle Royal mode.

I think we could have 2 different ladders:

• RM ladder (as it is right now)
  • Cycling mode ladder: This secondary ladder will cycle less popular modes: Empire Wars, Death Match, Regicide, Battle Royale, diplomacy FFA, etc. The idea is to make a ladder for a limited time with only one mode, and then rotate the mode. We could even have a leaderboard and lock some player icons behind certain points/victories in that mode. Limiting the mode and prizes for a period of time will encourage players to test that mode, so the player base would increase a bit before players get tired of the mode (like happened with BR).

The problem would be calculate the player elo for all modes… But they could use base RM elo as a proxy to start with.

2 Likes

What did BR stand for again?

Ranked FFA would be great, but some small balance changes would have to be made for it. Most notably, remove Feitoria(maybe give Potugese some early game eco bonus to compensate), and give all civs basic cannon galleon.

1 Like