Suggestion for farms

Only a minor thing that could reflect on UX, I mean, gaming experience: In the mid-late game, farms become the only way to get food. So we’ll see players spamming 60 at a time. I believe there will be a autofarm feature like discussed on another topic, great.

But PLEASE: don’t have all of them play the same loud classic sheep sound. The animals shouting could vary: for one farm, the classic sheep. For the second, a cow just like in AoK. If you just hear the sheep with that acute voice then you’ll go nuts.

Hahahaha played a game yesterday and it was driving me crazy. I’d be down with a far smoother, less abrasive sound. Ditto for the fighting sounds - my ears still bleed from battles.

@RWNorthPole said:
Hahahaha played a game yesterday and it was driving me crazy. I’d be down with a far smoother, less abrasive sound. Ditto for the fighting sounds - my ears still bleed from battles.

Ouch! Turn off your headphones or morph all the output from the game to playing soothing new age music. Mind you doing so would definitely be distracting. :smiley:

Well… I’m not very sure about the vary of different sounds but I’m with you with the auto farm, I think this wasn’t made on purpose because in Age of Empires II they fixed that, back then, they couldn’t fix it via online patches or relatives, so I see no harm in adding that feature to the game, yet… keeping a track of the current farms can be considered as macro skills.

I agree, they could put several animal sounds :#

Could we also have it so vills and other units can walk over them? Don’t get me wrong, I love the old farm anims, but the lack of being able to walk over them was always a bit silly in my opinion.

Imagine playing Persian and you have to rebuild 80 farms to spawn War Elephants. What a pain in the a**. :wink: