[Suggestion] How to improve current map pool selection in the current ranked game system

Another candidate - Forage Forest Nothing.

1 Like

Ranked play will allways have “forced” game settings. Because there are so many options in the game, the standard or norm has to be set in stone. Please stop crying about maps all the time… there will be 14-days map rotations based on polls and you can ban 3 out of 7 maps, I dont know what else you want. I think people are mad that they cant spam one strat over and over in ranked. Just git gud on all the maps…

Can we have some Nothing Nothing map too? That map is just filled with nothing :rofl:

Nah, that won’t be good. Idea is to have map filled with something obstructive, so that games take forever :smile:

What we want is the ability to always play Arabia like maps with the OPTION (not forced) to play other map types. This is possible now with the current map set, I just hope they continue to use 4 Arabia like maps and 3 other map types with 3 bans allowed. There is no ‘git gud’, its a preference = fun = reason people play the game at all. Most people like Arabia play, that is why it is the most popular map ever over a 20 year period.

This is a problem I’ve also had; for most players in the unranked lobby there’s no metric available to see how good they are.

On paper, the July update should do the trick. However, let’s see in practice how often players actually get the map they favourite.

Well HUGE thanks to the devs, they really did it this time. Since the ‘preferred’ map option, I have had only two golden pit games out of like 12 or so, the rest were Arabia!!! I guess most people do ‘prefer’ Arabia. Good taste… So if any devs read this, great job guys, the game is now the best its ever been in 20 years, it is now possible to play Arabia, ranked, with very little wait time!

I’m ok with the actual map pool selection. the favorite map works pretty good if I have not enough bans.

What I really need is a different MMR for premades, like Starcraft2