Suggestion: Improved Skirmish Setup (Concept)

I would like to share with you this interface concept that I did today, based on the selection of AoE II DE and AoM maps, and I asked myself, Why not add this improved feature to AoE 3? I do not know about you, but I consider it a much more comfortable option in which we can see all the icons of the maps without having to choose one by one as it would be in a list of text. In addition to a small preview of the generated map, an icon of the available settlements and outlaws is added.

I add that in addition to this concept would be accompanied by the idea of adding a Day/Night Cycle mode and the choice whether the map is covered by fog, explored or visible in its entirety.

The concept was made only with maps of Africa, in addition it would simplify the option of choosing the types of maps visible: All, Maps of Africa, Asia, etc. Accompanied by the option to choose and load a custom scenario.

Also, by choosing the Custom Random Maps option if the modder creates a map with a custom icon this will be shown in the list, just like AOM does.

I would like to know what the community thinks of this change I made manually with Photoshop, and if they would like to see it officially, I would also like the devs to take it into account.

Anyway, that’s it, I wanted to share it with you and here you have it. :smiley:

8 Likes