[Suggestion] Not disable every mod when update

With the introduction of the new update. The feature of disabling all mods after update is added to prevent unexpected crashes due to incompatible versions. However, turning on mods in the game is extremely tedious since it takes time to load. I personally use possibly 20 mods in total. And i need to turn everything on for 3 times already in the recent 4 days. The experience is terrible.

Also, while it is unfortunate that a mod maker discontinues its update, there is no such way for a user to determine whether mods are outdated or will to cause a crash. I simply don’t like the idea that every update might cause a chaos.

3 Likes

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: ######
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Mac / Linux

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Since the latest patch, mods are disabled after every update. Probably due to some bugs.
But enabling them is very, very slow. Please change this so enabling doesnt take minutes.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

Both by the latest patch and hotfix.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Enable mods.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Much smoother proces, less waiting time.
Or just dont disable them at all…

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

2 Likes