Suggestion to add the turkish civilization

Hello Microsoft and Community,

i suggest to add the tukish civilization if the time period is acceptable.

The early turks was nomadic and their timeline starts in the 6th century

Stats:
Negative: elementary marine units, elementary academy, not many religious upgrades
Positive: good cavalry, good hunting skills, good farming (animal farm)

Please excuse my poor english skills.

Regards

Intervention

6th century is too late, mate.

@BriefBull38961 said:
6th century is too late, mate.

i already expect it but i wanted to suggest it anyway

Turks came way too late to fit the AoE1 timeline. If you want civilizations from the central Asian steppe, Xiongnu and Scythians would fit the era better.

@qweytr24 said:
Turks came way too late to fit the AoE1 timeline. If you want civilizations from the central Asian steppe, Xiongnu and Scythians would fit the era better.

Thank you very much. i was looking for something like this but only turks and mongols came into my mind

For now I don’t think any additional civs will be added, but you never know for any dlc or anything after, tho I personally am happy with no new civs. But nice thought on turks and their possible strengths and weaknesses, its always worth exploring ideas at least :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, too late. Or the Umman Manda (Cimmerians? Scythians? Elamites? Who knows).

Just use Persians :slight_smile:

@“Mystic Taboo” said:
Just use Persians :slight_smile:

Be careful. I know Persian individuals that despise being called anything except Persian. Iranian, NO. Turkish, NO. Persian, YES.
I suppose it is to differentiate their great history from the barbaric modern civilizations functioning now.

Turkey was part of the historic Persian empire and then the Roman/Byzantine empire, can’t get away from that.

@“Mystic Taboo” said:
Turkey was part of the historic Persian empire and then the Roman/Byzantine empire, can’t get away from that.

If you’re talking about Anatolia, it was inhabited mainly by the Greeks and Hittites during the AoE1 timeline. There were no Persians or Romans there, even though both ruled it for some time.

I don’t think there will be any new civs even if they did fit the timeline. However, what you mentioned is mostly the Persian civ, minus the farming, forgot about their navy. Their cavalry is ok , geared towards elephants.

@qweytr24 said:

@“Mystic Taboo” said:

If you’re talking about Anatolia, it was inhabited mainly by the Greeks and Hittites during the AoE1 timeline. There were no Persians or Romans there, even though both ruled it for some time.

I’m not talking about Anatolia, nobody is. The pointlessness of this debate is that Kemal Ataturk didn’t even create ‘Turkey’ till post WW1.

Thanks for the many replys!

if anyone is interested, i found something on wikipedia.
seems like the tukish timeline starts at least at 209 BC somwhere in mongolia

Read history please.