This is based on ideas coming from my posts and suggestions of others posts.
Spanish: Monk and gunpowder civilization
• Builders work 30% faster
• Now 50% of the food cost of each economic or blacksmith tech is converted to gold. (was Blacksmith upgrades don’t cost gold)
• Cannon Galleons benefit from Ballistics (fire faster, more accurately)
• Gunpowder units fire 25% faster (was 18%) and ofc it doesn’t affect conquistadors
Conquistador (mounted hand cannoneer), Missionary (Monk upgrade)
• Inquisition (Monks are upgraded to misionaries which are faster but carry relics at normal speed, now they lose access to fervor)
• Supremacy (Villagers stronger in combat)
except the major unit that is used by spanish, that is affected by the bonus would be the BBC, which accuracy isn’t as problematic. it’s not like spanish are going to go mass hand cannon play when they have conqs.I realistically can’t think of the last time i’ve seen them use HC.
no. they are very different units:
conqs are a Castle age unit which need no upgrades to be viable (although bloodlines and husbandry are nice)
HC are an Imperial age unit locked behind the slowest technology in the game
so yes getting fully upgraded conqs is more expensive, but conqs are easier to mass, because i can have 10 conqs out before you even make the first HC.
additionally, what makes conqs strong is their ability to deal damage without being massed. 3-4 conqs in an eco can be gg, because of their speed
this ignores part of the cost: time, and you are ignoring the cost of imperial age tech