Suggestions for some Civ reworks for the next patch

Mongols don’t need any kind of buff, much less another Castle Age powerspike. And the Feitoria “trade with yourself” mechanic is silly and would make it a terrible idea to build feitorias anywhere near your original base.

I wonder if the devs would take some risks to rework some original civs. I like how we are getting some asynmetry on tech tree with new civs and unique regional units. Imo, celts shouldn’t have knight line but a chariot

Why though? What the reasoning behind it, first there is no historical justification since Huns were uneducated Nomadic people, and it’s not even an elegant bonus, just turning Huns into a stronger Paladin civ for no reason. Boring.

Let’s push Malay further more into this single-dimensional water-civ role. Their open-maps gameplay experience is horrible and that’s what we should address.

Castle Age Drill is cute, though might be too OP making Mangonels impossible to deal with.

i would keep drill as it is and make a castle age UT to buff steppe lancers, similar to silk armor for tatars but maybe more offensive oriented than defensive like silk armor

1 Like

I think before addressing the Mongolian Steppe Lancer we should address the generic Steppe Lancer, it’s an unplayable unviable unit that gets overshadowed by both Knight and Hussar.

2 Likes

I wonder what role can SL play currently. They arent glass cannon nor power unit nor cheap meatshield nor bonus attack against unit

SL +3 attack? Can also be Cumans UT replacing Cuman Mercenary.