Suggestions to buff the persian war elephant

Skirms and halbs, vs crossbows and war elephants? All else being equal, my money is on the army with the strongest unit in the game. There won’t be many halbs left by the time those elephants get to the building the skirms are supposedly defending.

1 Like

And those skirms then walk into the elephants, say “hello, dont mind me, just killing your support unit” and have a nice day? Or how did you imagine them getting to the trashbow?

1 Like

The WEs will be frontlining for the Trashbows, which will be just in range to murder Halbs, and let the WEs handle everything else.

I think this is very intentional. Unless you have massive amounts of halbs or maybe camels, battle elephants and war elephants are nearly impossible to destroy. This is why monks are meant to be effective against them - because elephants are already a very powerful unit with their large amounts of HP, attack, and defense, which is why it makes sense to have monks counter them. To give war elephants resistance to conversion would make them that much more unstoppable.

2 Likes

Gold units in general will almost always win against trash units one on one. I learned this the hard way when playing one mission in Saladin campaign. You and your opponent will both have 200 supply. The one who can push the line forward are going to be the one with less unit turnover. Yes your halbs don’t cost gold so it’s cost effective, but they are not population effective. If you need 140 supply to reach the power that your opponent’s 80 supply army, you are going to lose the ground faster because he can then supply 60 more pop efficient units to overpower your halbs and skirms even hussars. At the end of the day, eco is just a support for you to build the right army faster than your opponent to build power advantage.

TLDR, cost effectiveness isn’t everything.

Just throw a random bit here. WE can even trade somewhat evenly when massively outnumbered by champions. (1:5 ratio iirc).

2 Likes

I’ve also never seen an elephant talk back during the sermon, so it would be completely unrealistic.

:wink:

3 Likes

True lol, though I think it makes sense from a game design perspective to make them vulnerable to a unit that can convert other units.

1 Like

It’s because they are very polite and let the cleric talk duh

4 Likes
  1. Remove Mahouts (0.6 -> 0.78 speed) UT and add persian elephants +20% base speed (0.72). This would make them more dominant in castle age and cheaper to tech into.
  2. Replace the UT with something that gives their stable units and war elephants +2 attack against other cavalry
  3. Profit. persian cavalry is unique, their camels are great, war elephants can be used before imp.

And their paladins will be overbuffed with plus 2 against cav and archers.

2 Likes

still too expensive to even bother making.

so basically they get farimba except it doesn’t apply to infantry.

they already are unique, their camels are already solid, and war elephants are still too expensive to use before imp.

Sorry for necroing this thread but I have to congratualte Equalizer on this one, devs are thinking of implementing his suggestion:
2-reduce the food cost from 200 to 150, increase the gold cost from 75 to 85.*

except it’s 170 food instead of 150 food :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah it seems he was a good guy, too bad that he got banned.

1 Like

You’re getting so many good tips on how not to obviously be Equalizer on these forums, and then you go and say this.

4 Likes

Why?! I was not the one who was necroing this thread, read the replies.

Lmao, this is comedy gold

because the tips make it obvious he wasn’t that great of a guy. and you go and say

furthermore, something like 50% of the forums already believes you’re equalizer. too many coincidences stack up to lead us to believe anything else.

4 Likes

Nah, it is just a coincidence, I just have to agree with many suggestions that he made, it seems to be interesting.

You just happen to agree with most his suggestions.
You just happen to have the same post style.
You just happen to use bro like he did.
You just happen to use 7/11/broken like he did.
You just happen to make your account the day after he got banned.
You just happen to say laughable often. Like he did.

That’s not coincidence.

Even if somehow the stars align and you aren’t him…

Calling him a good guy is just…good guys don’t participate in ban evasion.

6 Likes

Yeah I was surprised to know that about him! It seems we have many common things.