Suggestions to make Ports more interesting

Hussars were light cavalry mounted on fast horses.

Courassiers were the heavy cavalry were trained to smash enemy units on the battlefield. They rode big heavy horses, were armed with large swords, and wore a back and breastplate known as a cuirass.

I get it, you dont want ports to change. But the purpose of the thread is to propose changes.

It has some silly units and mechanics that could be changed for something that fits similar roles and its more flavourful.

Free TC? Make a Feitoria. An aggra fort like structure that attacks nearby enemies but trains villagers instead of troops. With the feitoria card it produces resources, making it valuable to defend.

Hussar replaced for courassier.

Aventureiros, and make the explorer an Aventureiro aswell. The guy in charge would be a noble and they would not be carrying a musket or arquebus.

Nau: The guys that developed Caravels and Carracks dont have a unique ship?

Berço cannon: same role as organ gun, because it was the same role. Anti infantry but more flavour.

Ordenaças: Upgrades Halberdiers.

Ill leave a link to one of my posts with bibliographic resources that i personally have. It covers mostly 15th and 16th century. I grow tired of having the same discussion over and over. This isn’t a great representation of Portugal. It can be better, even without affecting the goon/cass combo.

Bonus pic:

Aventureiros were a thing!

1 Like