[Suggestions] Water maps gameplay needs IMPROVEMENTS

I’d believe there are core issues with water gameplay, issues that are already answered in land.

1st - your defensive position needs to be better than your offensive one, especialy in the early game ; meaning having the port be able to defend itself and the surrounding ships, stopping early advantages to snowball by just camping the port.

2nd - a shifumi system is needed, where you can’t simply build 1 ship forever cause it’s better than any other, but rather having ships being specialized against some others ; allowing you to counter your opponent and develop mind games.

3rd - the civs ships need to be balanced ; you can’t have - like it’s the case now - entire civs having ships being simply worst than the ones of other civs.

1 Like

I noticed that one of the campaign missions have any dock play at all.

Makes me wonder if water play was tacked on relatively late in development, as it almost feels like an afterthought.

Like, it’s AoE, so we had better tack on some boats.

The issue with towers vs boats is that the towers barely outrange ships making it almost impossible to get them to do anything meaningful because they rarely help in ship vs ship fights, and they dont have enough range to allow redocks unless you build a ton of them.

We can only imagine what this forum would look like had they not included a naval dynamic to the game at launch.

they said in the interview that they wanted to ship game without water, but game council said “u need water”.

Game without water would be worse…

I think to do an analysis of 100 seeds per map and choose the best 30 in balance to include them in ranked (unless it is not going to be that some nerd memorizes it xD).

Neither the art of war series had anything water related.
Most players were and some still are unaware about certain water mechanics such as the early dock build, naval trade because the game never taught them.

1 Like

Good point about the art of war. That is meant to be the real “tutorial” and water doesn’t even exist.

Either fix water or don’t put water maps in ranked when it comes.

And the this point I feel like “leave it out” is more likely than “fix it”.