SUPPORT FOR GAME IS DEAD - Devs delete Beta discord in response to question about updates

@PCS70 said:

@MonkANDPetard said:

@PCS70 said:
@Augustusman One thing is sure, no real smurfing possible with AOE DE. Would get too expensive for smurfs.

What does that even mean it would be too expensive for smurfs? Wut?

AOE DE purchase is connected to your MS account, changing your gamer tag after the first time for free will cost you some money. And creating new account will require you to buy the game again.

Aaaaaahhhh. Okay, I thought you were talking about right now, cause right now there’s no rating system. That’s a good point though, once a rating system comes out, it’ll be pretty freakin hard to smurf without spending money.

@PCS70 said:

@MonkANDPetard said:

@PCS70 said:
@Augustusman One thing is sure, no real smurfing possible with AOE DE. Would get too expensive for smurfs.

What does that even mean it would be too expensive for smurfs? Wut?

AOE DE purchase is connected to your MS account, changing your gamer tag after the first time for free will cost you some money. And creating new account will require you to buy the game again.

Another reason to no put the game in steam, lol.

What is incomprehenseble is a total lack of communication from their part. They could come up and just explain these issues, why is it taking so long to add ELO rating for games, or if it’s planned, but somehow they think it is better to just stay silent and just ignore customers, which is not. That is some bad PR right there unfortunately.

Have we really learned nothing about the need for transparency after examples like AoE:O or DoW3 now that AoE4 is on its way too? Are we still rejecting feedback from the community?

Check this video (from 1:45) to see an example of PR done right in case your customers are unhappy:

Just look at the positive feedback with the much more amicable attitude they received from costumers for their way of being transparent, humane and honest on that particular case, as opposed to coorporate language such as “your feedback is being collected and forwarded to appropiate teams” or ignoring customers altogheter like it’s the case in here.

To quote Yea, when you talk to people from one human to another, then you get to have very productive human exchanges. But I don’t see a single dev or official replying anything in this forum, which is the official forum after all.

Yesterday I was back to voobly to play the real and functionnal aoe 1
This should have never happened if we had had a real remastered game

@IamDalv said:
Check this video (from 1:45) to see an example of PR done right in case your customers are unhappy:
https://youtu.be/wRofSK9mZsI

Just look at the positive feedback with the much more amicable attitude they received from costumers for their way of being transparent, humane and honest on that particular case, as opposed to coorporate language such as “your feedback is being collected and forwarded to appropiate teams” or ignoring customers altogheter like it’s the case in here.

To quote Yea, when you talk to people from one human to another, then you get to have very productive human exchanges. But I don’t see a single dev or official replying anything in this forum, which is the official forum after all.

But I’m happy.

It would be good when the game would have a matchmaking like Starcraft 2 you just hit the button quickplay and voila. Oh and the games are server side not peer to peer :-D. Yes its a remaster but that doesnt mean you cant add normal live services for the normal Standard in this genre.

Feels more like:

to me except worse with AOE:DE

Tense drama this is. Not sure if I can handle it.

Let’s all email Bill Gates. Maybe then they will respond after he gives them a little talk. haha

Age of Empires one was for me one the very best games, it’s far superior to AoK
So I’m very disappointed nothing has been done.

The Aok HD edition got several expansions adding a lot of new content. I was hoping this game would get the same thing, yet it seems it was rushed out mid-beta with a lot of graphics unfinished, and the devs went dark.

Know what this reminds me of? Heroes of Might and Magic 3 HD, Another game that received a few bugfixes and was then promptly abandoned.

I guess It’s back to not supporting Microsoft.
First the whole ordeal with El Dewrito and now this
Shameful.

1 Like

Yeah I was also hoping for a lot more support, additional expensions. Or at least a fully finished game. They are probably already working on AoE II DE. I really hope people will remember this release when they buy AoE2 or AoE 3 DE.

its just sad that for every remaster they make the voobly version is still better and more used. itd be so nice if the communities could unite on the real remastered versions instead
 but yeah they’re ■■■■ compared to voob

@GluurakLP said:
It would be good when the game would have a matchmaking like Starcraft 2 you just hit the button quickplay and voila. Oh and the games are server side not peer to peer :-D. Yes its a remaster but that doesnt mean you cant add normal live services for the normal Standard in this genre.

Off topic.> @bubble said:

its just sad that for every remaster they make the voobly version is still better and more used. itd be so nice if the communities could unite on the real remastered versions instead
 but yeah they’re **** compared to voob

Yes I agree, so stop be fanboy and make a purchase based in nostalgia than rational.

This is just my opinion but I saw enough with the beta to know the game wasn’t for me. Pretty laggy, crap path finding, lame animations etc. That would all be fine except for Microsoft’s official endorsement of DE 1-3 which I hope are canned after this mess. All this is doing is potentially forcing aoe4 out of the ancient era. All I want at this point is a true remake in the spirit of aoe 1-2 and not just re-skins. Honestly, old crappy graphics and sounds on a CRT would be right at home with the current state of the game.

Yeah, the game still feels like an unfinished beta
and it’s been released for what, almost 4 months now? Pathfinding still broken, online still unplayably laggy and full of bugs/crashes, AI still buggy and problematic, etc. etc.

Even though it was in beta for 6+ months and got delayed multiple times, it still got released in a broken and buggy state. What the ■■■■?

@Erethzium said:
and it’s been released for what, almost 4 months now? Pathfinding still broken, online still unplayably laggy and full of bugs/crashes, AI still buggy and problematic, etc. etc.

Even though it was in beta for 6+ months and got delayed multiple times, it still got released in a broken and buggy state. What the hell?

To be fair, it is out for 3 months now and the game was delayed just once :P. Also, you make it sound like its completely unplayable, which (for me at least) is not the case, I am still having fun. I do share your disappointment and I do agree that there are plenty of issues and the game does feel incomplete (some of the old graphics still remain, some even are missing).

I am not sure what to expect at this point. With the game only being 20 dollars I don’t expect much since I don’t think they have much users to gain unless they decide to do a Steam release anyway. Anyone that would buy the game probably already did at this point. On the other hand, I hope many of us aren’t foolish and will remember this release when AoE 2 DE is released and will be more careful.

What I am hoping for at this point is a Steam release with an expansion that adds some new stuff to the game. If they do that properly I would happily pay another 20 bucks for a proper expansion.

@AKC_HellStriker said:

@Erethzium said:

Even though it was in beta for 6+ months and got delayed multiple times, it still got released in a broken and buggy state. What the hell?

To be fair, it is out for 3 months now and the game was delayed just once :P. Also, you make it sound like its completely unplayable, which (for me at least) is not the case, I am still having fun. I do share your disappointment and I do agree that there are plenty of issues and the game does feel incomplete (some of the old graphics still remain, some even are missing).

I am not sure what to expect at this point. With the game only being 20 dollars I don’t expect much since I don’t think they have much users to gain unless they decide to do a Steam release anyway. Anyone that would buy the game probably already did at this point. On the other hand, I hope many of us aren’t foolish and will remember this release when AoE 2 DE is released and will be more careful.

What I am hoping for at this point is a Steam release with an expansion that adds some new stuff to the game. If they do that properly I would happily pay another 20 bucks for a proper expansion.

You are ritght for me but i part.
I think a better “lobby” system and a ELO is the bases to play. Best game is not only the game instead, but the platform where the game is played
 I have fun too , but with no rating with no “easy lobby” ( these xboxlive is made for a console not for a PC ) i think peope will leave . The big success of the first AOE and the AOE 2 was the MSN gaming zone , and also the game for sure, with mytology and aoe 3 u just take a lobby change and less player going to play these 2 games

THE GAME IS NOT ALL

ill never buy another game that’s aoe based again, not aoe 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or w/e, ■■■■■■ us on this, I wonder if I can take out a lawsuit actually

Super disappointing. I mean theyre not even done making all the civiliation history pages! They cant pay someone to spend a couple hours a day to do a little research and fill those out? If they cant do that, what leads us to believe they can properly update the game and make it better than before?