Sweden became the strongest again

Same reply can apply to your several comments.

1 Like

Absolutely, torps must be nerf back again, it is terrible. Why torps boom so op? After blueberry & ironworks card be send, a torp is just like 2 fishing boat(cost 125 woods) on the land with 1500hp and provide LOS and 10 population, without any dock, any population. It takes too many advantages. 20 torps can be easily build in 8~10 minutes, that equals 40+ fishing boats on the land gathering bushes, animals, coins with other 20 villagers. While Sweden players booming with their torps, they can also build their army simultaneously. With these 60+ economy unit, Sweden player can easily take their military advantages in the game. They don’t need to worry about their “fishing boat” be easily raid in the wild or hide them, as cavalry and ranged infantry has low siege attack. On the contrary, they can send their fast Carolean or Hussar to beat the enemies. Sweden need other economy buff(such as add 4 & 5 villagers cards in age 2), but should not be in this way, it definitely break the game balance.

3 Likes

sounds like you are just sitting there trying to outboom and not attacking?

sweden if left alone and not attacked sure can get eco going. which is why you need to get a strategy to counter it…

lack of good strategy and understanding of a civ strength and not making a plan means u just lose all the time… that is different from OP and no one can win against it. which is not true.

If you have read most comments from guys protecting Sweden is fine, balance and not OP.
Their comments are always:

1. Just send some pikes and destroy their torps is ok.
    (Recent famous player game records shows trying to destroy torps is not working, effective siege units are just easy killed by carolean.)

2. Pro didn’t think Sweden is OP, they know how to counter Sweden well and its fine.
    (Famous record shows even top players are facing trouble now, even has protector comment expressing top player doesn’t know how to counter Sweden, and the game doesn’t need to concern how mess is med/noob level?)

3. I am not using Sweden and I fight against Sweden many time and is able to win. I don’t think/feel this OP.
    (This is only protector’s feeling and how come this can prove Sweden is not OP? So if I lost against az/China, it is meaning that they are OP?)

4. You think Sweden is OP because only you don’t know how to play against it.
    (So lets give Sweden autowin big button when arrived age4 and it is not OP just most players don’t know how to fight against it?)

Above of all protector’s comments are all their own subjective feeling without any figure, evidence and are totally unreasonable.
There were already many many topics and comments listed out point by point, item by item to show how Sweden is OP.

I would like to see a Sweden protector can show some points to try to convince others.

I would also like to understand what is dev really thinking?

1 Like

i can see that you complain about lots of things. you spent nov and december complaining about japan. now you complain about sweden. why dont we just have 1 civ??

and name it after you. firstaimCIV .

hahaha. sweden is not unbeatable. if they were then EVERYONE will be playing it. and then when that happens… the playing field is level again because everyone use the same civ.

they are not as strong now with the eco dropping off quite quickly compared to before the massive nerf. now you have to somehow balance it out with making mills and plantations midway through game… and you need a lot of wood for this. or you ship blackberries or mines to keep the torps collecting. torps are really early and part of the mid game is good. after that… quickly become useless. i think this part is where if you neglect to manage eco well, you will lose as sweden. the mid game slow down.

stop complaining so much and just learn to play the game

1 Like
  1. If you have really read my post, it is generated resources buildings are destroying the balance. Not only Japan.

2. Even that civ is OP, will only casue more people to use it, will not all people to use, some people like to enjoy other civ’s features for fun, according to your concept, why there were still people using China.

3. You mentioned mill and plantations and this is funny, which civ don’t need to build these buildings?

4. You are mentioning torp is early part, then early part they have torps, late game they have factories and OP army shippment. So you are proving Sweden has most OP eco.

5. As above reply said, full torps = around 20 vils. So Sweden is sending gold mine shippment for longer 20 vils gathering, which civ can send 20 vils? Even they can collect wood and sheep. Another example Lakota send once herding is good or not? If it is not worth why are most Sweden player still sending it.

6. From your comments are only personal complaining me and saying something Sweden is better than other civs only. That’s what I said only a typical Sweden OP protector and full of the forum when they saw someone said Sweden is OP and when Sweden was getting nerfed. They didn’t join other topics or suggest anything balance the game. Just simply don’t want their Sweden to get normal.

7. If you complain me for complaining Sweden too much, first this is not only me to complain Sweden, second why you don’t complain the guys complaint when Sweden got nerfed, they are making empire of Sweden. Why don’t you ask them to learn how to play the game?

3 Likes

That’s why balance changes should be based on win rates and pick statistics and not on empty words. But these type of data doesn’t even exist, so devs should focus on performance issues, pathfinding and REAL data gathering.

1 Like

I agree but not only winrate to decide, that also I mentioned in another topic.

When you take extreme military measures against civilization, it means that this is not fair competition.
Of course, if it is not Sweden, but African civilization without factories, this is not a big problem.
I believe everyone will agree and wait patiently for balance.

I think the problem in Sweden is that the design is not compatible with other Europeans, not just a numerical adjustment. And I think the development team cannot replicate the previous style.

For players who really like Sweden, what I want to say is that Gustav II Adolf is an excellent military expert.
Relying on successive wars to make Sweden rise, not economic advantage.So it’s called “The Lion From The North”

i think you better not play this game. it is giving you too much mental pain. i really do not agree with your ideas mainly because you are trying to say that all civ should be the same. THEY ARE NOT. that is what makes AOE3 different from AOE2. each civ is truly unique and different with their own designs.

it might be better for you to play aoe2 or aoe1. the civ there are much more similar with only small differences. in other words… BORING.

the essense of aoe3 is the interesting differences between the civs and different ways of playing them. i really dont want to have all the civ feel and look the same just because some people cannot think hard enough to get a good strategy to beat supposed OP civs. japan first and now sweden is your target. who is next??

1 Like
  1. If dev refund the money I paid for AOE3 DE, I disappear from AOE3DE discussion forever.

2. I never said all civs should be the same, NEVER. When did I say it? I mainly complain about Sweden now. Have I said Russia need to be the same as Spain, or Lakota needs to be the same as China? Why do you can’t stop making new personal complain on me and just provide some reason Sweden is balance.

3. From your last paragraph, as I said lets create a new civ and give them big button in age4 with autowin, you think that is ok? THEY ARE NEW AND HAVE TO BE SPECIAL. AGAIN YOU DIDNT SERIOUSLY READ WHAT I WROTE, PLEASE READ MY FIRST TOPIC WHICH NAMED "Building those generate resources completely destroy the game balance ", THIS IS NOT ONLY JAPAN MENTIONED INSIDE.

This topic is talking Sweden and you need to mention Japan here. Did I talk about Japan here?
This topic is talking AOE3 and you mention AOE2 and 1 for comparison, Did I talk anything about 2 & 1?

Talk to you is really wasting my time, you just say what yourself thinking and living in what you imagine, with no reasonable points and keep complaining my personal opinion and ignore the truth and post here.

Why can’t you stop expressing your feeling and just point by point talk how Sweden is balance.

Should you really be asking for a refund in the forums rather then maybe contacting the devs or steam?

1 Like

Any steps?
Please help, I am serious.

Sweden just went from a destroyed/unplayable state back to a reasonable state. Learn to play the civs and you will win. I lose all the time to good players when I am playing Sweden so don’t blame the civ for your shortcomings.

I am from Sweden IRL and I actually think the devs made a good job representing the country and its military. Torps are plentiful here in real life, with inhabitants using what nature provides. The Caroleans were fierce fighters that should be feared, much like Samurais in Japan. Sweden has been pretty constantly nerfed since game release, until that patch that went too far and made them outright unplayable. Right now they are pretty well balanced, with a lot of skill being needed to win games with this Civ.

You honestly think you can get your money back for not liking a particular feature in a game? “I don’t like the look of the walls I build in Fortnite, give me money back”. “I dislike the crosshairs in Counterstrike, I want a refund!” You are funny. XD

I must admit that now Sweden is much better than before, I remember that before you could kill all its villagers and destroy their TC and anyway lose to the Carolines and Falconets, but now it is much more balanced, the Swedish strategies are no longer so structured And they are more versatile, and I played with them and against them and it is more entertaining in my opinion. If something needs to be balanced, I could only complain about Arsenal, but honestly this is the version of Sweden that convinces me the most and I hope it is the final one.

1 Like

Sweden IS balanced now, as the win rate will show (not necessarily your personal win rate though)

1 Like

I mean you probably could get a refund. I know a guy who is asking for a second refund now. He bought the game when it came out, got a refund, bought it again and is asking for refund again

1 Like

You are right but,
Please read carefully what I wrote prior to reply me hastily.
I didn’t say they should, or they ought to, even they have created a huge bug that can modify window, keep on messing up balance, still many bugs even not appeared in TAD are pending to fix after several months, and I can’t feel this has any funny point.