Swedish Carolean + Leather Canon spam counter

The Dutch should also worry about 2age. It’s not just a Swedes problem.

Brit cost 135 wood and give a settler worth 100 food and 30 seconds to train, and 100 wood worth of housing and if you go with virginia company its 87 wood which give a settler + 10 pop for only 87 wood.

The china house was just a misinterpretation when i saw the food logo on it but the point still stands, the torps should have a gather rate

The fact that many people overlook is that settlers have 150 HP (202 if upgraded), so they can easily die from enemy cavalry checks and can’t generate any resources while in TC to avoid enemy checks.

Also, British settlers need churches and priests because they don’t have the means to recover their HP on their own. If you want to prevent that, you can get a Florence Nightingale card, but I think few people will.

when the British shiped VC card, it means they’ll play defensively rather than attacking, which means you’ll have to hurry to 3age to gain a tech edge or send melee cavalry to hunt down enemy settlers.

I think british are okay, their late game is kinda weak. Actually I think sweden is okay as well, my only problem is their GODLIKE cards. Fx. Dominions. You get 4 torps (500w), Torps +30% HP, CAN get shipments, CAN gather crates. Like seriously… wtf is this card?! If you rush, say, with hussars to keep vils in check, the max you can do is to halt 50% of their eco…
Torps are still gathering all types of resources, they can SAFELY deploy and pick up crates, SAFELY receive military shipments. No other civ can do this (max. others can gather 1 type passively, which by itself is useless). Swedes are literally untouchable in age 2 with this card.

Or the 2 LC card… Imo the problem with that is, that its INSTANTLY usable. I wouldnt mind if they got 800 res. But it needs to be gathered, and it needs to be transformed into something which takes a considerable amount of time. But instantly usable, safely deployable (onto any torp), 800 res worthy of love is just too much even on Valentines day.

The only way I could think of beating them was FF and skirm/goon hordes.

Brit house cost 135 wood is a bit strong but not OP with extra villager because they still need map control and will be getting raided and this is main concept. They don’t have auto generation or gathering.
About virginia company is this card OP with age 1 shipment but worth 1000w.

Sweden/Inca/Japan houses are not the same and even Japan shrines were complaint for many years.

What the… With houses to gather resources, Sweden should face the early pressure more effectively than other countries.

Are you worried about the most powerful age2 civ getting nerfed to reasonable levels?

Sweden is currently unbeatable in age2 aside from some very early timing. Their age2 is comparable to some other civs age 4.

Also why compare torps to shrines? Japan can’t hunt and their mid/late game rice paddies are weak compared to mills and plantations.

But stronger units and shrines that last all game (if you protect them and the hunts) but swedens runs out often before industrial and are only left with a blackberry bush (if you ship that) and with sweden you HAVE to be offensive with the torps, not like japan who just hides in base

Yes, but sweeden can get 99 villigers, which japan doesn’t.

And sweeden artillery is vastly superior to what Japan has.

Still, a few fire arrows to keep art at bay and then just let the japanese army wipe them

All civilizations must have convincing advantages and disadvantages. There are many saying that the Swedes now are not at all so you should nerf their strengths. I play mostly Dutch, so I can argue that the banks get cheap to 200f 200w and support a pops 20, but no one agrees with this claim and would rather laugh at it. The same goes for Torp. It is obviously overly fast and collects a lot of resources. In addition, they are not easily destroyed and give the Swedes time to cultivate troops to defend against. That’s why many people say that Torp needs a nerf. If the developers didn’t design stupid OP houses in the first place, there would be no such inefficient discussion, but as long as OP houses have already appeared, we must constantly discuss and study the balance of this.

2 Likes

What I wonder now the time has passed 3 weeks already from final patch, which is more than 2 weeks.

Is dev still considering this is a problem?

The torp should get nerfed in hp and maybe a little in gathering but shouldnt get nerfed to the ground

Nobody asked for them to be nerfed to the ground.

They need to be nerfed to reasonable levels. One must be able to punish sweeden and beat them in age2. Right now, the only chance to beat sweeden is to use FF and spam masses of dragoons.

Or do a really fast rush, get the lcs and you win

Oh yeah, cause every civ is capable of a 5 min timing.

1 Like

Not all mu are fair?

So your argument is that all sweeden match ups are supported to be unfair?

No, didnt you read what i said?