Swedish mercenaries

My advice

1. Provide Sweden with the advantage of receiving training faster from Saloon.
  2. Using cards will reduce the gold cost of mercenaries, rather than enhance combat capabilities.
  3. All the advantages of Sweden’s mercenary transportation card are cancelled.

Sweden has cheap and fast mercenaries and relies on Saloon.
Germany has strong and more mercenaries and relies on transportation cards.

Actually I said it many times, they just don’t care.

The number of units you showed seems to be wrong, I started the game and didn’t see that Sweden has mercenaries with 900 gold consumption.

Yea, the deck builder doesnt show the correct prices. Start a game and the 10% discount show up. Very handy XD

I had some decent success with war wagons as well, but that’s because Sweden players still go mass caroleans instead of diversified army.

Either way, Sweden can still outproduce in late game and win the game through sheer numbers.

It depends on which civ you play as.
If it is germany then yes, you probably want to kill them early.
Some civs like japan(maybe not the best example), even dutch with the 7 banks can actually do well late game vs swedes.
If you can take good trades keep the pressure up until their blueberries and mines run out you will pretty much be in a good position.

Dutch do not, Swedes outproduce them look at my example

They do well.
I played this match up as greedy as possible as dutch and I did quite well as we both went for an age 4 play
It wasn’t an easy game as the guy went for carolean+mameluke spam and I had to make 2 control groups just for ruyters otherwise u can’t kill them, and he kept streaming constant batches of mamelukes at me and remassing them very easily.
It was a hard game but eventually he ran out of steam and his mameluke production stopped because he had to switch into plantations and his torps ran out of gold while I still had 7 banks+2 factories working.

Dutch do not outproduce Swedes. Even with all banks, factories and settlers.

Mercenaries cost only one resource making it one of the best spamable units seeing you dont need mills and plantations late game, but only plantations. That player probably didnt do something right and should have switched to plantations before his gold mines ran out.

I very much doubt that japan can outproduce sweden in industrial age. Torps and factories are better than shrines.