System requirements?

Can any Devs or Insiders shed light on what hardware we will need? Based on the trailer it looks like the requirements will be significant.

When might we find out? I need to know if I must upgrade my 1070 :worried:

1 Like

Hey pal,

Gtx 1070 should be great enought.
Imagine, more or less 70 % couldn t play this game otherwise.

But it’s just a supposition

2 Likes

It’s an RTS - I suppose that a 950 is more than enough.

1 Like

They havent announced anything like that and probably wont for a while.

1 Like

I also have intrigue for that

I have a R7 260x 2GB hahah XD.

for StarCraft 2 is perfect… but AOE IV… i dont know.

2 Likes

I expect similar performance to Dawn of War 3, which is the last game to use the engine, also with large scale armies. For all its other faults, the game looked and ran really well on all sorts of hardware.
You may not reach 4k on full settings, but you’re not going to struggle reaching 60FPS, I think.

2 Likes

Running a Core-i7 16Gb with a gtx 1060 here. Runs all Relics previous games very nicely. Hoping my system will run AoE IV well, just in case I can’t afford to upgrade between now and release.

4 Likes

I seem to remember not being able to max out AoE III when it came out. I expect the same with this

2 Likes

I only have Ryzen 2600 with 16 gb ram and 1060 :frowning:
Hopefully i can play it well

2 Likes

meu pc também tem as mesmas configurações, espero ansioso para jogar AoE IV

1 Like

As this is Relic I am guessing the game will be using the latest version of their Essence Engine. They used v3.0 in Company of Heroes 2. My system ran that game very well. I don’t ever recall seeing any slowdown, plus the game looked good. Got my fingers crossed for this one.

2 Likes

Well,I wish the game can be played in 720p resolution setting.So I don’t have to upgrade my i3 6th gen.

1 Like