System requirements?

Can any Devs or Insiders shed light on what hardware we will need? Based on the trailer it looks like the requirements will be significant.

When might we find out? I need to know if I must upgrade my 1070 :worried:

3 Likes

Hey pal,

Gtx 1070 should be great enought.
Imagine, more or less 70 % couldn t play this game otherwise.

But it’s just a supposition

2 Likes

It’s an RTS - I suppose that a 950 is more than enough.

4 Likes

They havent announced anything like that and probably wont for a while.

1 Like

I also have intrigue for that

I have a R7 260x 2GB hahah XD.

for StarCraft 2 is perfect… but AOE IV… i dont know.

2 Likes

I expect similar performance to Dawn of War 3, which is the last game to use the engine, also with large scale armies. For all its other faults, the game looked and ran really well on all sorts of hardware.
You may not reach 4k on full settings, but you’re not going to struggle reaching 60FPS, I think.

2 Likes

Running a Core-i7 16Gb with a gtx 1060 here. Runs all Relics previous games very nicely. Hoping my system will run AoE IV well, just in case I can’t afford to upgrade between now and release.

4 Likes

I seem to remember not being able to max out AoE III when it came out. I expect the same with this

2 Likes

I only have Ryzen 2600 with 16 gb ram and 1060 :frowning:
Hopefully i can play it well

2 Likes

meu pc também tem as mesmas configurações, espero ansioso para jogar AoE IV

2 Likes

As this is Relic I am guessing the game will be using the latest version of their Essence Engine. They used v3.0 in Company of Heroes 2. My system ran that game very well. I don’t ever recall seeing any slowdown, plus the game looked good. Got my fingers crossed for this one.

3 Likes

Well,I wish the game can be played in 720p resolution setting.So I don’t have to upgrade my i3 6th gen.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

What system requirements do you think AOE IV will have?

I upgrade my setup with i5 9400 + 16 GB RAM + GTX 1650. Do you think it is enough?

Looking at the AOE 3 DE requirements, I think AOE IV will require at least a GTX 1060 6GB :frowning:

AOE 3 DE needs a R9 Fury (9500 passmark)

1 Like

aoe4 would be lower

2 Likes

i have AMD Ryzen 3 3200G and NVIDEA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
which is enough for me now to run most of games on high with understandable fps for new titles 40 50 fps at high/ultra so 1070 will be more than enough. I expect to achieve 50 fps at high with these features taking into account the previous post by iesth.

1 Like

iesth, god hear you!!! hahah

Debtless, I think that your GTX 1060 will be enough!

2 Likes

1060 is not gonna be enough :smiley: ok maybe for 1v1 and everything disabled and put on low but thats all if u wanna play full lobby ( 8 players ) u gonna need something better

we will see xD

Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition Recommended Requirements

• CPU: Intel i5-3330 @ 3.0GHz or AMD FX-8350 or equivalent with an average CPU Passmark score of 4100 or better
  • CPU SPEED: Info
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: GeForce GTX 980 or Radeon R9 Fury or equivalent with an average Passmark G3D Mark of 9500 or better
  • PIXEL SHADER: 5.1
  • VERTEX SHADER: 5.1
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 42 GB
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 4096 MB

GTX 1060 for low graphics?

I dont know, I think the GTX 1060 will do much more than the bare minimum

Cyberypunk 2077, a new generation game AAA needs

1080p con gráficos en alto

• SO: Windows 10
  • Procesador: Intel Core i7-4790 o AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
  • Memoria: 12 GB de RAM
  • Gráficos: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 o AMD Radeon RX 590
  • Almacenamiento: 70 GB de espacio disponible SSD

a RTS like Age Of Empires needs more? hopefully not :’(

check the aoe 3 de requirements above u think aoe 4 will need less ?