Tampering Detected error

And what do you know! The latest May update / patch revived the briefly-fixed “Tampering Detected” issue. Anyone else getting the error again with the latest update?

1 Like

Just started getting this same issue today after the patch. Got kicked from two ranked games.

1 Like

game worked great for patch was crashing 90% of games on last patch. now with the latest hot fix i’m crashing mid game constantly. I have tried every possible method of fixing this. to include reformating my computer. Fix the D*** game already. its completely unacceptable that i have only been able to play on 3 of the patches put out.

2 Likes

Also getting this error here!

1 Like

im also getting this. just started happening tonight.

any one else found a solution?

I think the devs hope this goes away quietly because they’re not even responding to my emails. This comment might even get flagged as inappropriate

4 Likes

This is now happening to me consistently. This has never happened before the latest update and is so frustrating.

The game is saved to my C drive, I never have any other applications open, and I’ve tried deactivating my firewall and antivirus completely, but nothing works.

Has anyone found a solution? The game is unplayable at the moment.

2 Likes

Is there anybody that could contact me about this?

It’s been happening to me for months off and on.

I’ve tried turning off windows defender, disabling the steam overlay option, removing ALL background apps. It seems like each option works for a while, then today I’ve had this message pop up probably 8 out of 10 games played. Impossible to play any ranked matches.

2 Likes

my friends also encountering this issue and had to wait to play again. @GMEvangelos any ideas?

also a question, why would game disable even single player if tampering is detected? if someone bought the game, they should be able to do what they want with it single player or offline. I could see some issue here legally with a problem such as this.

2 Likes

Same here.

The October patch fixed it, but the November one brought it back. It seems something they had in those 2 patches brings along with it the tampering bug.

I’ve also tried everything you mentioned to no avail. If you can reach someone who can look into it that would be great. Haven’t heard any acknowledgement from Devs that it’s even been noticed.

Anyone encountering this issue should reach out to our support team for one-on-one attention! My best guess is that there is a program interfering with the launch or operation of the game…but I lack the knowledge and information to really diagnost the problem! :laughing:

My recommendation is that anyone directly impacted reach out to support with their dxdiag.txt file, a list of running processes, and any other information about the error that will help them dig in and provide solutions!

I hope that helps, and thanks for keeping me informed! :+1:

1 Like

Ive done that 3 times now. Nobody reaches out. I can understand that alot of people have issues now but they should really get a grip on this problem. Since it is the game that seems to be the issue. Not peoples computors. The problem came (at least for me) after the january update so somebody messed up. You’re doing a good job trying to help. Now the devs have to step up.

1 Like

damn 3 times you got ton of patience my friend

Well thats the thing now. Isnt it? Once you`ve done it twice you might as well keep it up. Hehe

Since the latest update I’m having this issue most ranked games approx 20 minuets in please sort ASAP!!!

Also keep affecting my rank score. Not happy. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Why has this STILL not been sorted???

I took off my AMD 5070 graphics card and ran with the motherboard card and the problem is gone. So in my case it fixed the problem

Also having this same issue. this is very frustrating

I has this issue for around 5 months. I’ve now fluked a fix. Try this - go to the folder where the game is situated for me its under steam apps. > common > AOE2DE. Find the application file,right click >troubleshoot > troubleshoot programme > The program opens but does not display properly > Test program

I have to do this everytime or will re-crash however its fixed my issue. Hope this helps.