Team game: connection drops 5-10 seconds in the game. enhanced_logging report attached!

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 101.101.40874.0 5564350
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Connection drops for me or for a different player. Usually around the start of the match, up to 10 minutes in the game.

My internet is fine. I have ping running on the second screen and there’s no interruptions whatsoever. I have teammates on Skype who I talk to and there’s no interruptions whatsoever. It’s 100% an AoE bug.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• Today: 100% (total of 2, not going to play more and risk losing more points)
    • First game: I dropped. Teammates resigned.
    • Second game: I dropped. One of enemies dropped shortly thereafter. The game continues, hope my buds win.
  • Last couple weeks: 25% (on 10+ games)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play Ranked TG.
  2. See yourself or someone else drop.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES / IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

2 Likes

Devs: can you acknowledge that my issue report was triaged internally?

3 games played today, 2 games lost connection. I’m tired of getting angry about this, that’s how long this has been happening.

2 Likes

All I’d like to hear from the devs is that my logs will be looked at.

I feel like reports posted here are useless, and I simply lost my time getting enhanced_logging, collecting these files, and submitting an issue for it to go ignored.

Report from today: 1v1, I dropped. aoe2.net game ID: 44105549

2 Likes

Two games today - two drops for me (both around the time one goes to lure a boar), one drop for enemies (instadrop). This is ridiculous. As usual, no Internet connectivity problems on my end, as I’m on an active Discord call without any issues, and have a ping log running on a separate monitor.

3 Likes

@GMEvangelos Can we get a confirmation any of these reports will be looked? Dead silence from the devs around this issue is not reassuring in any way. None of the bug reports with enhanced_logging logs was acknowledged in any way. It feels like every single enhanced_logging report has been ignored so far. An acknowledgement from the devs would be hepful. Not asking for much, the community would be more than happy with a generic response like Thanks, we've accepted this log and put it in our internal issue tracker for further analysis. . It would hope someone knows about the report and will look at it at some point, in 3 days or 3 months, whatever, but the hope is there…

1 Like

Thanks @TheNowaker! I can confirm that your logs were included in the team’s tracking task. It looks like we are waiting on the November update, which should have a fix for the issue you helped highlight. If that is not the case, please let me know and I will get on their case with any new information you throw my way! :wink:

Thanks, again, for your patience!

1 Like

Hi all I’ve had 3 dropped games in the last two days.
I am so confused at this point and dispondent. We’ve given you almost a year to fix this problem. The game is still uplayable. It works on casual lobby. It works on 1v1 teamgame. Reconnect works in HD. But since release the DE teamgame lobby has consistently dropped half my games.
What is it about team games that is different?
Why can’t you build a reconnect mechanism? Is there any other game that doesn’t have a reconnect mechanism? What is the problem?
Why are the devs working on new user interfaces and what what when the basic game is still unplayable?

3 Likes

Awesome, great to hear!

@GMEvangelos Good news! After the recent patch, I never dropped out of the game! This is a great fix, thanks to the devs for fixing it, and also to you for relaying the message.

The only problems I’ve encountered now - which are nothing new - are the following:

1. After the matchmaking found a match and the countdown reaches zero, the game will show an error message, and you have to matchmake again. At one point, we had to matchmake three times in a row. No big deal, just a minor inconvenience.
  2. After the countdown, the game immediately crashed to desktop. No error message of any kind. Unfortunately, the game started for my teammates, and they had to resign or play 2v3. enhanced_logging log attached: https://1drv.ms/t/s!AlqQpPWnAHg5rgR6Noee6QyP3y2F?e=msivw5. I guess nothing in there is of value, except the exception: Exception type 0xc0000005 occurred at 00007ff6fc3524bb. With debug symbols, devs will know what’s under 00007ff6fc3524bb. Or if there’s ever a build that prints the whole stacktrace instead of the top frame, let me know and I can use that one instead. Or enhanced_logging build could be modified by the devs to print the whole stacktrace for better debugability.

@GMEvangelos Can you pass the devs? Thanks!

3 Likes

I have also not dropped since the patch. Thanks for work devs.