Team game map size

Team game map sizes are way too big, even for the smaller maps. I understand that the game wants to target casual players as well, but I’m sure most casual players also find the map size a bit too boring to play.

2v2 map size is actually fine (could be smaller, but it’s okay). If 3v3 and 4v4 map size is similar 2v2, I think it will be great.

Yes macro games are fun, but with almost no risk comes almost no mind games. Defender’s advantage should exist, but the rush distance is WAY too long that it’s disadvantageous to do any aggression in feudal. With the game being faster paced than AOE2, I don’t think it should be as close as AOE2 TGs as things such as Deer stone, or Abbasid free Siege Engineering will be a big problem, but at the moment it is on the extreme side of being too long.

Please consider this in your new patch!

1 Like

En mi opinión, lo peor es Hill & Dale. Las partidas ya son demasiado largas de media y los enormes mapas no ayudan. La baja calidad de la edad oscura tampoco ayuda.

I totally agree. The 2v2 maps are affordable in size but it would be nice if they were a little bit smaller. However, the 3v3 and 4v4 maps are huge and need to be much smaller.

I think long run having options for map size for 2v2 to 4v4 would be a great move. For more casual players, they can pick the larger maps, for others, the smaller ones.

The team game map size really helps civs that rely on cavalry (assuming no Wonders are built). The gigantic map size really means you end up having two 2v2s, because your other allies will not have enough time to get from one side to the other.

An alternative to reducing the map size is to have ally TCs spawn closer together, and forcing your team to push out for additional resources. This could potentially also slow down the Wonder race, because you won’t have enough resources