Tech tree Vietnamese economic upgrades reflect wood cost when they should cost no wood

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 6228353
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Vietnamese tech tree economic upgrades reflect wood number cost

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Load game
  2. Navigate to Multiplayer > Ranked > Technology Tree
  3. Select Vietnamese
  4. Notice in tech tree the wood cost still displays for all economic upgrades

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

No wood cost should be displayed for all economic upgrades when Vietnamese is selected as the civilization in the tech tree.

This works as expected when in-game.

The tech tree considers civ effects only when you are playing as them in the game. If you view them from pre-match lobby, most civ bonusses are not considered. The same is true for Indian villager cost, goth infantry cost etc.

Yeah they pushed an update yesterday a couple of hours after I posted this. Looks fixed on my end

Nothing related to this was mentioned in the patch notes of that update.

On further inspection. When I view the tech tree from the lobby, costs in the tech tree remember the last game you have played. If I played a Chinese game that ended in Imperial Age, the next time I view tech-tree in the lobby, all technologies are 20% cheaper (irrespective of which civ I have currently selected).
Then if I play a game as Vietnamese, next time I view the tech-tree from the lobby, eco techs don’t have wood cost.

Note: These are forgotten if I quit and restart the game. Then it shows costs for a generic civilization.

1 Like

Nice find. Can confirm the tech tree displays the last game you have played instead of the selected Civ from the drop down.