There are problems with memory consumption and/or memory leakage. the game has repeatedly crashed when loading the map for 8 people. the first time it crashed after the winter update on November 30. the last time was on December 10 after the patch. devours all virtual memory - about 15 GB only on AOE 4, while not using RAM
conducted my own investigation:
- launched the game - 15.2GB of memory / 25 GB of swap is occupied.
- we started the game for 8 people: 16.9 memory / 26.8 swap.
- finished: 15.9 memory / 28.8 swap
- the second game started for 8 people: 17.2 memory / 30.6 swap
- finished: 17,6 memory and 32.4 swap
there is an obvious problem with the swap file, it only grows, it is not cleared after the battle
sended all files. for now, the solution is to restart the game every 1-2 games. if anyone has something like this, restart the game. it won’t take much time.