Teuton Changes updated - among all other civs

Teuton Changes:

• Barracks and Stable units +1 armor in Castle and Imperial Age (+2 total)

• Barracks and Siege Workshop units +1 armor in Castle and Imperial Age (+2 total)

Unique Techs:
• Ironclad (siege weapons extra melee armor)

• Ironclad (siege weapons extra pierce armor)

• Crenellations (+3 range Castles
garrisoned infantry fire arrows)

• Crenellations (+3 range Castles, Town Centers
garrisoned infantry fire arrows)

(possible buff based on some other threads)
Teutonic Knights: + 2 anti bonus damage and 30% reduction of attacks that ignore armor.

Team Bonus:
Units resist conversion

Monks healing range 2x
(works great for byzantines and spanish missionaries, it’s a nice bonus to give allies in general)

Units resist conversion moved to civ only bonus

Sicilian Changes:
__

Team Bonus:
Transport Ships +5 line of sight and cost -50%

Team Bonus: Crusader Knight available in castles in imperial age

Unique Tech:

• Hauberk (Knights +1/+2P armor)

• Hauberk (Crusader Knights +1/+2P armor)

_

general changes -

Byzantines gain Herbal Medicine
Gain Bloodlines
(if too powerful with the cataphracts, - 20HP to their elite upgrade, but honestly with the improved pathing just straight giving them bloodlines is doable)
__

Lithuanians unique tech
• Hill Forts (Town Centers +3 range)

• Hill Forts (Town Centers +3 range and +2 attack)

__

Aztecs:
Unique Techs:
• Atlatl (Skirmishers +1 attack, +1 range)

• Atlatl (Skirmishers +1 attack, +2 range)

__

Bengalis:
Gain Siege Onager upgrade

__

Berbers:
• Villagers move 10% faster

• Villagers move 5% faster in Feudal, 10% Castle and 15% imperial Age
__

Bohemians:

• Hussite Reforms (Monks and Monastery technologies have their gold cost replaced by food)

• Hussite Reforms (Monks and Monastery technologies have their gold cost replaced by food and monk tech food cost reduced by 25% castle age and 50% imperial age.)

__

Britons:
Gain Bombard Tower

__

Bulgarians:
Gain Hand Canons

__

Burgundians:
Gain Bloodlines tech

__

Burmese:
• Monastery technologies cost -50%

• Monastery technologies cost -75%

__

Celts:
• Stronghold (Castles and towers fire 25% faster)

• Stronghold (Castles, towers and Town Centers fire 25% faster. Villagers add x3 towards garrison attack)

__

Chinese:
• Town Centers support 10 population and +5 LOS

• Town Centers support 15 population and +5 LOS

__

Cumans:
Gain Bracer (+1 attack and range for arrows)

__

Dravidians: Gain Bloodlines

__

Ethiopians:
• Pikeman upgrade free

• Pikeman and Halberdier upgrades free

__

Franks
• Cavalry +20% hit points starting in Feudal Age

• Cavalry and Throwing Axemen +20% hit points starting in Feudal Age

__

Goths:
Gain Plate Mail Armor

• Infantry cost -20% in Dark, -25% in Feudal, -30% in Castle, -35% in Imperial Age

• Infantry cost -15% in Dark, -20% in Feudal and Castle, -35% in Imperial Age
__

Gurjaras:
May use houses as resource drop off points.

__

Hindustanis:
Lose Champion,
Gain Halberdier
Gain Plate mail armor

__

Huns:

Tarkan:
Hunnic unique cavalry unit with attack bonus vs. buildings. Strong vs. buildings and archers. Weak vs. Pikemen and Camel Riders.

Hunnic unique cavalry unit with attack bonus vs. buildings. Strong vs. buildings and archers. Weak vs. Pikemen and Camel Riders, ignores building armor.

__

Incas:
• Fabric Shields (Kamayuks, Slingers, Eagles +1/+2P armor)

• Fabric Shields (Kamayuks, Slingers, Eagles +1/+2P armor, and eagles +5% movement speed( or to that of a husbandry knight)

__

Italians:

• Silk Road (trade units cost -50%)

• Silk Road (trade units cost -50%, and gain +10% movement speed)

__

Japanese:
Gain Plate Barding Armor

__

Khmer:

• Farmers don’t require Mills/Town Centers to drop off food

• Farmers don’t require Mills/Town Centers to drop off food and Farms Built 100% faster

__

Koreans:

castle age • Eupseong (Watch Towers, Guard Towers and Keeps +2 range)
imperial age • Shinkichon (Mangonel-line +1 range)

Castle Age • Shinkichon (Mangonel-line +1 range)
Imperial Age • Eupseong (Watch Towers, Guard Towers and Keeps +2 range, garrisoned units x2 attack)
(prices adjusted accordingly)

__

Magyars:
Team Bonus:
Foot archers +2 line of sight

Military units -5 food cost

__

Malay
Team bonus:
Docks +100% line of sight

Karambits available in castles in imperial age

__

Malians:
Gain Bracer (+1 arrow attack and range)

__

Mayans:
Gain Siege Onager

__

Mongols:

Unique Techs:
Castle • Nomads (lost houses do not decrease population headroom)
Imperial • Drill (Siege Workshop units move 50% faster)

Castle • Drill (Siege Workshop units move 50% faster)
Imperial • Nomads (lost houses do not decrease population headroom)
Lose Siege Onager

__

Persians:
• Town Center, Dock 2x hit points; work rate +10% Feudal, +15% Castle, +20% Imperial Age

• All Resource Gathering points gain 2x hit points; work rate +10% Feudal, +15% Castle, +30% Imperial Age

__

Poles:
Gain Plate Barding Armor(cavalry armor, last upgrade)

__

Portuguese:
Lose Siege Engineers
Gain Siege Onagers, Arrowslits and Hoardings

__

Saracens: Gain Architecture
__

Slavs:
• Detinets (Replaces 40% of Castles’ and Towers’ stone cost with wood)

• Detinets (Replaces 40% of Castles’ and Towers’ stone cost with wood and reduces repair cost by 50%)

Gain Architecture
Gain Keeps
Gain Arrowslits
Gain Bracer

castle • Detinets (Replaces 40% of Castles’ and Towers’ stone cost with wood and reduces repair cost by 50%)
imperial • Druzhina (Infantry damage adjacent units)

Castle • Druzhina (Infantry damage adjacent units)
Imperial • Detinets (Replaces 40% of Castles’ and Towers’ stone cost with wood and reduces repair cost by 50%)

__

Spanish:
• Cannon Galleons benefit from Ballistics (fire faster, more accurately)

• Cannon Galleons and Bombard Canons benefit from Ballistics (fire faster, more accurately)

__

Tatars:
Team Bonus:
Cavalry Archers +2 line of sight

Relics provide wood in addition to gold

__

Turks:
Gain Herbal Medicine

__

Vietnamese:

Gain Siege Ram
Gain Masonry
Gain Architecture

__

Vikings:

Gain Siege Onager

__
__

__

__

__

__

For this change, it brings the focus of Teutons back from cavalry, which will remain a viable option, back to Infantry and siege, particularly the Mangonel, Scorpion and bombard canon lines.

These changes further emphasize those aspects for their siege units, and the addition of the tc in imperial age range brings back an old friend of Teutons in a balanced, yet to some, useless way. but it would indeed be useful for both offense and defense in imperial age.

This possible change may or may not be balanced and could use some looking into and discussion.

For a long time I’ve felt that the Teuton civ bonus should be an increase in monk healing range while making their trademark conversion resistance as a civ bonus for themselves, The monk healing range will further increase survivability for monks by keeping them able to heal nearby units without needing to path so hard to do it.

In regards to the team bonus, I feel it to be lacking, and in some ways over powered.
Changing the civ bonus to give Crusader Knights would be a fun way to bring the unit into the game in imperial age in a balanced fashion. (restricted by castles)

As for Hauberk effecting Sicilian Crusader Knights in Imperial Age, honestly it may be a bit op against archers, but they are sincerely weaker to halbs/pikes or other melee units in general, and if anything the tech may be nerfed or changed entirely.

__

Byzantines are fairly gold intensive in their units of choice, while their monks are great, I believe they require herbal meds in the early imperial age as their focus of healing for the sake of them being a little less gold intensive so early in the imperial age.

__

Lithuanian Hill Forts are a bit weak as is and would do well with a solid defensive buff. All attack upgrades in mind, their attack would be 3 higher than Teutons before adding in additional arrows, which would be great and make the tech generally worth it.

The reason for this change was moreso for the sake of matching Mayan’s in a different way, the +1 range seems a bit weak, while +2 range gives them a better option for countering certain civs, such as turks and britons, where as mayans gain heavily increased dps with their double javs, aztecs would feel nice with +2range, rather than a measly 1. while also essentially being the civ that gets the bonus britons specifically lacks, longer range skirms.

__

This change is out of thought to their incredible weakness to skirmishers, and I believe that while Siege onager is expensive, it would at least give Bengalis a solid option to counter them as long as they can keep up the unit or gold to supply the unit in key situations.

__

Early game Berber rushing is a bit too strong, but the bonus will be buffed in imperial age to compensate its early nerf.

__

Early game food cost is honestly a higher cost than gold will be, so to increase its viability the food cost would be decreased in castle age, and further in imperial age - you’ll be using food to fuel eco, techs and monk production, and that’s a bit too much without a substantial cost decrease.

__

Honestly, I’m not 100% what I was thinking with this one, but it would be nice for the britons to have one more option to help counter incoming raids while the archers and halbs are away. if anything their keeps on their own, while strong, aren’t going to do much against paladin forces, and bombard towers would do well to help that.

__

I feel that Bulgarians, while strong, lack a way to deal with solid infantry, and I think that giving them hand canons would be a solid for them.

__

Honestly, I feel like burgundians need this, but perhaps as a bonus in Flemish Revolution rather than in castle age as the tech as normal.

__

This is to further allow for monk focuses coming from Burmese, it’s mostly to bring them somewhat to a likeable degree to Bohemians, but without a cost change to monks themselves, and is moreso an early initiative towards fully upgraded monks to be somewhat better, at least for a short while, than Bohemian monks.

__

Celts lack a unit to actually garrison and deal decent dps defensively and offensively.
Villagers are the perfect remedy to this.
well, that and adding in town centers being effected by the tech makes thematic sense and would be great.

__

Chinese are pretty perfect as they are, which is why I suggest only a population space buff by increasing their housing per tc further to allow them a slightly easier boom rather than any change to their military or eco.

__

They essentially have weaker mangudai without the bonus against siege, their base attack and range should be on par if not better, and they are already weaker in hp and attack - I believe they deserve their attack being fully upgraded at least, even if they lose the last armor upgrade to do it.

This is pretty much effecting their elephant archers rather than anything else in any meaningful way, and should be looked at as a buff to such. I believe they would do well to gain the upgrade for them, particularly since they lack the Husbandry speed boost.

__

They feel like this should be a thing - the Turks get the full hussar tree for free, I don’t see why these don’t deserve their halbs for free.

__

This is moreso to increase the usage of the throwing axemen which sees little use, and would increase the theme that certain frank units tend to have more hp while not overshadowing the vikings.

__

There has been a call for goths to gain Plate Mail armor as of late, and while I think they should, it should not be without its nerfs to get it. their early and mid-game rush would need to take a hit, which is what I’m reflecting here.

__

Or, as of a few moments ago, perhaps houses may be garrisonable by sheep, up to 10 preferable, up to 5 still manageable. This is to streamline their start while not making them overly op, they may still need nerfs, but this at least fixes one of their early flaws.

__

Hindustanis would do well to have Halberdier as an option, they are fairly gold intensive, and while they definitely shouldn’t have fully upgraded champs, I believe that fully upgraded Halberdiers should be an option rather than an unusable fully upgraded champ line lacking Plate Mail Armor.
The alternative is to at least give them fully upgraded halbs and keep their loss of the plate mail, and even then I would suggest removing champs from them, it just doesn’t look right.

__

Tarkans love buildings, this will ensure that love never dies.

__

The speed boost allows for Incas to have a better way of shifting themselves to be different than Mayan eagles in a reasonable manner, and may help them vs archers a little more.

__

I believe Italian Trade carts deserve to be used offensively, the speed boost helps that.

__

Japanese horsemen, while not fully upgraded in their lines, deserve to be fully upgraded in their armor at least.

__

This gives Khmer a slight edge by giving them a small increase to their farm efficiency

__

Korean feudal age is fairly strong already with their free archer armors as well as stone miners working faster, as well as their military units costing less wood to boot. and leading into the first aging up into castle age, if they have their towers up or will soon, they get free tower upgrades which help in a good many situations.
Castle age I believe that they could use a buff, and I believe that instead of their towers in castle age that their mangonels should be exceptional there to help counter other civ mangonel rushes as a solid option or simply as an offensive option that furthers danger against archer civs such as britons, followed by the imperial age where their archers will rain fire from garrison positions inside towers and castles as a solid offense and defense option. currently their towers leave something to be desired, and to a degree I would advocate that keeps gain +1 range automatically.

‘Upgrades Guard Towers and lets you build Keeps, which are stronger and have more attack strength, range, and armor.’

I’m not seeing that extra range that’s in the description
the difference between the range of a guard tower’s and a keep’s range is currently 0.
I want to buff korean lategame defensive options because frankly, while their unit composition is decent, they are lacking a bit on the defensive structure that’s in their title of defensive and naval civ. they have some decent defense bonuses, but they seem to fall off by imperial age which is a pity, as that’s where they should shine the brightest defensively.

__

This improved team bonus may only be a trickle to some civs, but is a great boon to others(karambits, goths, etc)

__

This bonus is bound to be insanely fun.

__

They lack Halbs and are fairly gold intensive, defensively speaking I believe they deserve the attack upgrade, perhaps at the loss of Arbalesters, but I believe they would be fine to keep that too.

__

They lack Siege Engineers, and bombard canons, as well as the champ upgrade - the least we could do is to give them Siege Onagers.

__

Mongol quick siege onagers are too strong, and with fast Onagers they are still viable. that and their quick siege rams should be the main feature there.

Nomads feels like an imperial tech to use after you hit max pop, and drill in castle age makes them have an actually useful tech in the age from the castle.

__

Gathering points x2 hp helps in certain situations defensively, which I believe should be one of their features.
As for the imperial age buff by 10%, the bonus is moreso an offensive one at that point, and I believe their sapper villagers deserve that special something.

__

It feels wrong that the main civ for winged hussar don’t have it fully upgraded, nerf it in other ways if you have to, just give them the full blacksmith upgrades for it.

__

Honestly they should lose their accuracy on the bombard canons, it’s too strong together with them being cheaper and being infinitely createable and on top of that having siege engineers. double down on the accuracy for their bombard towers if anything. but for the time being, lose siege engineers, and gain the above to see where they are after that.

__

Saracens are in a great place, I feel that the only buff they would need is this.

__

To start, their infantry deserve something special starting in castle age, not imperial age.
The castles feel weak, what with their lack of a unit to garrison them, lack of full attack upgrade as well as the lack of full defense upgrades. it needs work, and their towers are in terrible shape, they need a buff for their towers to boot if they have any thematic or balance related use for them being even remotely effected by this tech. so I say improve it all. they lack the units to garrison, improve it all. and ensuring that the tech is an imperial age one it will remove any bad habits of early research and will greatly improve the average build time for a Boyar rush from multiple castles that won’t hurt boom build orders by costing so much wood in the early castle age. That, and ensuring that stone they have left or gain later will be used effectively by costing less to repair, and being cheaper in repair castles, and being further more effective by the buildings actually being fully upgraded.

__

__

Rather than Portuguese which essentially have this over-powered nonsense alongside other bonuses that truly make it overpowered, this should belong to spanish, the spanish who lack siege engineers and actually already have something similar in the cannon galleon.

__

I feel like this team bonus is thematic with other similar bonuses and would be a great boon to both Tatars and their allies.

__

Turks are so ingrained in their gold unit compositions that it really doesn’t make sense for them not to have at least herbal meds.

__

Vietnamese just seem so weak without at least masonry, all their archer defense seems so useless when accounting for their buildings being so weak. As for Siege ram, I think they deserve at least two fully upgraded siege workshop units, but that’s less of an issue than them lacking even masonry.

__

Vikings don’t have much at all to counter archer types, they lack fully upgraded archers/skirms themselves, and they lack the last cavalry armor, they don’t have bombard canons either, but they do have siege engineers, and I believe that the Siege Onager is a perfect fit for their composition.

1 Like

This seems tame and honestly quite pointless.

This is a bad concept

This is a bad trade off

5 Likes

(post deleted by author)

I dont see any patch update where do you see these?

Its stuff he wants to see.

6 Likes

24 x24 i got tricked

5 Likes

I hope those changes will never be in patchnotes. Just unbalanced changes healfortress wants to have for his strat(s).

9 Likes

These changes are largely beyond broken or unnecessary and i pray they dont happen

14 Likes

I mean sicilian cavaliers were bad enough that they needed to be nerfed, but this takes the cake.

Crusader knights would be.
Not convertable.
8/10 armor (so 120 shots to be killed by an arb or cav archer).
And take reduced damage from counter units.

5 Likes

for balance usage this unit will be cost 200 food 300 gold or movement speed is slower than Halberdier given the fact that Crusader are so slow

Most of the change are just killing the uniqueness of the civ, or other unchanged civ

These changes would power creep the hell out of the game too

Imagine thinking gurjaras need 25 wood drop off points. Or Burgundians need bloodlines.
Or half these civs need buffs

4 Likes

The vast majority are changes that make no sense, pointless, or are changes seriously that break the balance.

Impossible. Ignoring armor aims to be countering of melee monsters like TK and Boyar. This is the opposite approach.

It was the extra armor bonus for their Knights that saved the Teutons from their undignified past. Then you are trying to make their Knights become as bad as they used to be. The Teutons would be a bottom civ again.

Pierce armor changed from 180 to 184. What a big impact.

Making an already very niche design even more niche? Even if it were to change, it should be that cavalry garrisoned can also fire arrows.

This makes them lose opportunities in both 1v1 and team games.
I believe Byzantine teammates would prefer to have convert resistance rather than further healing.

Your ideas seem always full of your personal preferring strong late game style and often don’t care about balance.

Don’t you know that repair costs change when prices change? They are already cheap enough to repair.
The swap idea below also reminds me of your reply to me in another thread. That totally shown that you are seriously wrong about the civ, tech and balance.

2 Likes

Who flagged the first post? Disagreeing is one thing, but this flag abusing is becoming really obnoxious.

11 Likes

Agreed. These ideas are poorly thought-out and without regard to balance, but it’s not exactly breaking any rules.

5 Likes

I can understand the idea of this. This can re-enforce the defensive style play and slow push of Teutons which is a bit different from the meta play of Teutons which go for its strong paladin. I don’t think developer will agree to totally change the play style of Teutons.

1 Like

You mean their slow husbandryless heavily armored paladins?

Yes this is a viable meta play which is already the fastest usable unit for battle. You can also Halberdier + Siege Onager with two civ bonus which is quite strong but not as good as celts korean mongols.

I can feel that OP want Teutons to be a completely defensive play style for Teutons heal fortress that it have strong Barracks and Siege unit with strong Teutonic Knights and healing monk.

1 Like

It already has all that though and doesnt need to double down on it. Infantry/monk siege is a completely viable option for teutons

2 Likes

You keep posting the same thread over, over, over and again. Each and every time you get an overwhelming negative reaction. And yet, you try fruitlessly to argue your point on deaf ears. You have an obsession with this healing fortress strategy of yours.

11 Likes