Teuton farm Sling

I don’t see any problem with that. I mean, another user pointed out a case in which slinging creates unfair scenarios. But this? What’s the problem with 2 versus 2 and two other players stalling in Feudal Age?

This is what happens when slinging is allowed

2 Likes

it shows tributes in the post-game screen and players can watch replays. if your opponent tributed too early you point it out to the admins and get a win/disqualification for opponents depending on the rules

1 Like

Sicilians where just a example for explaining how farm stealing changes the food count. The goal of farmsling is to get to castle age fast so that they can overwhelm their opponents with castle age military a long term eco bonus does not help that goal.

Yes, if the tournament is doing its job people will be casting it and players are invested in following the rules.

However if someone breaks the rules there is usually a little leeway in how it’s dealt with.

There was an example of someone stealing a boar in a tournament where laming was not allowed and I think they were allowed a restart instead of auto loss (upon approval of opponent). Can’t find link right now though.

2 Likes

The team that opposed Viper had GENITOURS, for Christ sake. At the end, when the Yellow player sent the Cavaliers, I couldn’t understand why didn’t they go for the best choice against Viper’s arbalests. Genitours would have teared them apart.

this is a joke, right?

Genitours are not the god unit you think they are they cost twice as much food and have the same dps sure they are more tanky but imperial age Arbs pierce right through castle age Genitours.

and even then, all he would have to do is switch into eagle not that he would need to

Right, so you upgarde them to Elite Genitours and defeat the Arbalests.

Oh God… another “I’m so intelligent and you made a dumb post” kind of user.

well you are the one saying you know better than some of the best players in the world. i think that kind of arrogance deserves mockery.

so at what point should the czechs have started making genitours and which player should do so?
because the way i see it team norway was ahead, even if the genitours manage to kill the xbows/arbs cost effectively, they cant deal damage to eco so norway would just get further ahead

You have a point there and it’s easy for me to speak watching the video instead of being there. However, the point still stands that the Cavaliers did nothing and were a waste of resources. The player from Norway who tributed his resources to Viper was defenseless. The Red player could have gone for him, just as he had done before.

this was before obsidian arrows was removed. vipers arbalests will destroy any base way faster than cavaliers could. i dont think this is a particularly good example of ‘when sling is bad’, because it’s more of a case of ‘fast imp into obsidian arrows’ which was kind of a broken tech, the sling certainly helped with that though

I mean that wont work (since viper hits imp much faster than berbers and genitours are too expensive to amass), but even if that work, what if there is no berbers?

In general I think slinging is forbidden because there were too many slingfest in 2018 era and not a lot of people likes to watch 2v2 turn into 1v1 (imagine Arena)

1 Like