Teuton Paladin Beats Boyar?

yes, but the point is, that just like everything else, the boyar does have advantages. and until the point that the Teutons player does get to Paladin, the Boyar is superior in everything except gold cost and production. and frankly, the Slavs player even has the superior Economy to boot.

2 Likes

the most singular advantage that you can tech it up faster? since lets break it down… how long does it take to harvest the stone for the castle? how many boyars can you produce from it? how many knights can you produce from the stables in the mean time? when you reach imperial age, what is that castle doing? oh its doing a quick tech of boyars, while not producing trebs, or producing more boyars, or the incredibly valuable conscription…

meanwhile what is 1 of 10 stables doing? oh it can do the teching while the other 9 train even moar knights, and your castle can train trebs and conscription galore…

im not saying the boyar is weak… im saying the teut paladin is too strong, produced too easily…

next question please…

2 Likes

Teutons would still be better since they can go knights from start and straight Boyar is unviable. Having to mine stone for 4-5 castles would take longer than researching Paladin and having stables set

4 Likes

tech faster, it is superior to both knight and cavalier, it moves faster, Slavs have a better eco then Teutons.

if you’re enemy is on 10 stables you’re not talking castle age or even early Imperial, you’re talking post imp situation.

oh i agree, you should definitely be starting with knights 100%. but i’m just saying that the Boyar isn’t completely useless and that the only change that needs to really happen is a small Teuton Armor nerf and all is right again.

true but that doesn’t mean Phoenix gets to pretend that the Teutons player will be on 10 stables in castle or early Imp either.

If memory serves me right

Even Frank Paladins win in mass battles.

I would give boyar line +10 hp and 1.35 speed.

1 Like

Even? Lol

They just got a buff. Slavs don’t need a unit beat them all kind of UU. They’re pretty strong in general.

Sad news. In my mind the boyar is still a mounted teutonic knight. :cry:

Overall boyards fit well in their civ. Slavs are thought as infantry + siege civ, with solid cavalry options. They have FU hussars and cavaliers, plus a UU beating a generic paladin in 1v1. Despite not being the general go to strategy, boyards are an option actually useful for Slavs. If you really want to differentiate more boyards from teuton palas, maybe you can add some extra speed or a small buff like hp regeneration, but nothing more.

My point is that boyards are actually useful for slavs, against a common unit, the knight. While there are other UUs that have basically no reason to be used unless in extremely specific scenarios, like condos, samurais, ballista elephants, elephant archers…

Exactly, this is what people ignore or try to justify using “winrates”, saying the civ is already strong they don’t need a functional UU.

But why are you comparing boyard vs teutonic paladin and not vs khmer elite battle ele? also boyard loses to imp camel =(

No one goes for boyards because their halb+siege is most effective given the civ strength, their UU is a secondary unit, you are so young u didn’t know the boyard used to have more attack on release and it was beating paladins consistently, that is why it got nerfed on first place.

The boyard is not a well rounded unit, their high melee armor doesn’t help them vs anti cav units, yeah they do great vs champs and cavalier line, but it is not as effective as getting ur own champs with druzhina and halbs to counter those units. The boyard should take less anticav damage to justify its production.

Teutonic paladin so far is not even a problem compared to khmer eles or indians camels, every tg has those units and even without them, mangudais can destroy them without even being hit.