Thank you for participating in the AoE: DE Limited Beta!

[Update: You may notice today that the AoE: DE beta client still launches, but multiplayer has been disabled. This is to be expected and is part of our closing the beta. You can uninstall the beta now. Thanks again for your participation!]

Hello, Age Insiders! Here’'s a message from @MissValent1ne, @Licidy, and the rest of the Beta Team!

First off, we wanted to take a moment to thank you for taking part in our Age of Empires: Definitive Edition multiplayer beta! We appreciate the involvement and excitement of our community during these opportunities, since it was only through your participation that we could test and fine tune some of the changes we’ve made to the multiplayer experience. So from all of us: THANK YOU!

With that in mind, today is your last day to jump in and play during the beta, as we will be wrapping up the AoE: DE limited beta tomorrow, August 15. Once we close things on our end, you will no longer be able to matchmake. After that time, you will want to uninstall the beta to free up space on your hard drive:

1. Tap your Windows Key.
  2. Search for “Add or remove programs.”
  3. Find Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Beta in the program list.
  4. click on Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Beta and select Uninstall.
  5. Follow the prompts to remove the files from your hard drive.

We’ll be back with more Age-related information, NEW beta opportunities, and other game previews in the future, so be sure to keep visiting the Age of Empires forums and checking your email for more news. In the meantime, get your last few games into the AoE: DE beta before the opportunity is gone; we’ll see you in the live game soon enough!

Thanks again!

14 Likes

noooo i wanna play again !!!

Hey guys one huge suggestion is that to please make the clickable are of the box the same as if I were to click on the gold arrow on the side. I think its a UX fail and anti user-friendly having to click on the blue arrow then move back to the box area to select the option and then repeat the process again to change several settings is a pain in the ■■■ especially while hosting in the lobby

2 Likes

So sad. But this was a load of fun! I can’t wait for the full release!

I could not the start the game in single player mode. I thought this beta edition was for aoe 2 de. but it was for aoe 1 de which i had already full version. i am waiting for aoe 2 de.

It seems that I can still play multiplayer games with the beta,
I just finished one.

No lo pude instalar que triste