The Cavalry Archers

That is funny. SOTL is for noobs. Kipchaks are one of the strongest Castle Age unit.

1 Like

You know, there is even no need fot all this, go to scenario editor and put CA vs Kipchak just like that, the Kipchak will lose with a high deference

They will fall behind Mangudai, Arambai and Conqs

No, Kipchaks still outmicro CA easily.

1 Like

If we will put micro in every comparison then we will get nothing, i am talking about power vs power not micro vs micro

He dis a test with no micro involved with a units that has his strenght in micro. Kipchaks were amazing and are still strong and that was proven by anyone who could micro a bit, but muh “SOTL has made a video where he show they are the worst CA”.

I know how it goes, the decent player takes the Kipchak and micro the shit out of the cav archer

1 Like

If you aren’t a low elo noob you micro with ranged units, lol

Micro is not something that you can make a judjment with, because micro can change everything with every unit, i am just talking about unit it self in direct fight not with dancing

Yeah but the only thing special that Kipchaks had is their 0 frame delay, by makeing them like Mangudai they became weaker, because they are actually weak except in large group, but if you have only 10 mangudais it will be enough to do a big damage.

Its also insanely cheap and doesnr cost gold to upgrade yet almost every time I see cumans I see kipchak. Sotl videos frequently focus on the hypothetical and not the practical.

1 Like

Thats a lie. Youre making Statements about a nerf that ONLY affects the micro potential of a unit. If you woulndt factor in micro, you wouldnt complain.

Also, not thinking about micro is kinda dumb? By that logic, halbs hardcounter ca.

1 Like

What is this? can you explain it, as for now I dont see any bug there, just a normal behaviour.

And still Cumans are mid tier civ. What happens if you nerf a mid tier with no other buff instead?

Did I say I support what was done? No. But to pretend that Kipchaks are weak because some sotl video said so is just asinine

Cumans are considered top tier on every closed map thanks to their feudal boom.

Micro potential is the strong side of this unit. You have to take it into account, it’s an rts where you micro, not where you throw unit in the meat grinder

2 Likes

Micro is literally at the core of cav archer gameplay

Yeah but by making the Kipchaks frame delay like Mangudai what is the special with them now especially they are way weaker than Mangudai?! Do you want to say Kipchaks like Mangudai? No they are not, and yes i agree with you about micro with them is easier with their frame delay, but considering their weak stat, this will not make them like before with more frame delay

1 Like

Yeah i agree, it is hit and run unit, but i don’t think Kipchaks need this nerf

Against what units? Other CAs…

Surprisingly after discussing around this I found out there are quite a lot of people who think fast 0 frame delay units shouldn’t exist out of principle, while far from being pros at the game.

Look, I’ve had a nap on this, I want to compromise.

I don’t want to decrease the frame delay of the Cavalry Archer. I think that’s a devil’s bargain. However, I think from a gameplay and design standpoint, we could rationally increase the projectile speed. Speaking in as precise of terms as possible, historically Cavalry archers had more speed behind their projectiles because they were fired in motion.

You can’t fire while moving in AOE 2, so you can’t make cavalry archers raiding drive-by legends, but the fact of the matter is a faster projectile is harder to micro against and hits the target sooner. If you increased the projectile speed significantly, you can possibly knock enemies out of fights just moments before they get that last shot off in a situation where the arrow has to carry. This will certainly happen a few times, just quietly behind the scenes helping out the CA. Frame delay is still a no. It’s a hard no.

1 Like