The Cicero Interactive Build Order Guide mod gets deleted whenever I start the game

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.63581.0 9025584
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Every other mod seems to work fine. But if I subscribe to Cicero’s Interactive Build Order Guide mod, and it seems to fully download correctly(when I look at the mod directory), then I close the game and restart, the cicero mod gets deleted from the Mod Directory when the game starts up.

This basically makes the CIcero mod unplayable - because you need the text prompts for the mod to actually make sense, and you need to RESTART after downloading the mod for the prompts to actually work! So I can never get the text or audio prompts to work.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Download the standard Cicero’s Interactive Build Order Guide mod
  2. Open the Mod Directory, wait for the mod to appear
  3. Close the game
  4. Start the game again, and watch the mod get deleted from the Mod Directory on startup

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The mod doesn’t get deleted

hey @ploppityflip

Thank you for the report! We are now tracking this issue!

I was able to reproduce this issue, and have found some workarounds below.

Once you are in the “bugged” state as you are, in order to fix it, let me know if any of the following works:

1. You are currently signed in on Xbox, and the bug occurs: Subscribe to the mod. Sign out of xbox (make sure you wait long enough for this process to finish) then unsubscribe from the mod. Restart the game and subscribe to the mod again. Then restart to ensure it is still there. (This fixed it for me)

2. You are currently not signed in on Xbox, and the bug occurs: Subscribe to the mod, then sign in to xbox live, then unsubscribed from the mod. restart the game and subscribe to the mod again. Then restart to ensure it is still there.

Alternatively, you could work around this by after subscribing and installing the mod, move the mod folder to your local mods rather than subscribed and play it from there.

I managed to reproduce it following these steps:

1. Signed out of Xbox live: Sign in to Xbox live. Subscribe to mod x. Sign out of Xbox live(wait). restart game. Unsubscribe mod. Sign in to Xbox live. subscribe to mod. restart game. Observe the bug.

Hi, well I’m playing on Steam, not XBox live

Oh wow so I just copied it into my local mods, and did NOT delete it from subscribed mods… and now it isn’t getting deleted from subscribed! And the prompts work.

So I’ll just keep it like this for now.

Thanks

Hey,

Glad this workaround is working for you.
Just for clarification, the steam version does allow you to also sign in to xbox live in-game.