The feeling of age of empires?

Hi, I’m Julien, 31year, famous French wine maker in the south West of France, masters of history, and a big fan of strategy games.

Age of empires was my first game, that’s give me the WOW! Effect. Why?

It was the first game to make the story form… a men with a rock? Seriously? “I was my reaction number one in this time” but really funny because it’s the story of humanity, the growing of civilization.
From the bronze age and the Greek period to the beginning of medieval times. You play the game like you read a beautiful book or a film. It’s poetics. You have a deception to loose, you are sad but when the victory arrive you feel like a God!

Thanks to give me this magnificent souvenirs! I’m was really young when I buy this game with my little economy of money. And I never forget this anthology.

Write your first feeling with this game.

Completely agree. One other important thing that helped to build up that sense of being able to experience the beginning of civilization through a game was the first OST track at the beginning of every game, “Cave”. It was so mysterious and intriguing and the sounds were just perfect, just like if cavemen were able to synthesize their primitive instruments in midi files! :smiley:
That is why I think that the new soundtrack will be crucial to the success of this Definitive edition.

That feeling when those ancient warriors start running at those archers in the cinematic trailer made me start loving this game.

Nothing quite like the “shk shk shk” of 10 villies stabbing a dead elephant repeatedly.

The best part was the big dark empty world.

As we explore, we find so many things. As we build, we make our civ brighter and safer…

Until we log into the Zone and get wrecked a few times. It’s like a whole new game where you have to get good all over again.

It was like a dream when I installed the game and double click the icon on the desktop of my first computer with Win 98 and 128 mb graphic card. I will never forget the my first reaction to that brillant soundtrack at the background. Those 20 years have not changed my feelings and desires about the AEO. Now, I’m 24 years old and I am waiting the definitive edition like a farmer waiting for the rain in drought.

By the way: the following photo is my favourite one when I celebrate the labour day on social media :smiley: (Mayıs means May in Turkish)

@furkangurkanli@outlook.com said:
It was like a dream when I installed the game and double click the icon on the desktop of my first computer with Win 98 and 128 mb graphic card. I will never forget the my first reaction to that brillant soundtrack at the background. Those 20 years have not changed my feelings and desires about the AEO. Now, I’m 24 years old and I am waiting the definitive edition like a farmer waiting for the rain in drought.

By the way: the following photo is my favourite one when I celebrate the labour day on social media :smiley: (Mayıs means May in Turkish)

Villagers of the work unite!

A flush is haunting Europe…

When I was playing the Egyptian learning campaign and the game told me I was victorious, I was disappointed because I still had extra villagers I needed to create, and not all the gazelles had been used up!

@sonictimm makes a good point, AoE maps start you off alone, a tc and 3 villagers in a black world and as you explore you spread out and discover your opponents and resources and you tell the story of each map and paint a picture…no two games are ever the same.