The fetures I personally want!

I am a big fan of AoE: Rise of Rome and I really love this rts franchise. I’m also a member of Vietnamese-Chinese AoE community, which I think is the only really active AoE 1(Rise of Rome) community at the moment, with hundreds of thousands active players. Those below are the features I and my friends in the comunity really want to be included in the AoE: Definitive Edition:

1. Farm cheat.
    If you don’t know, this is actually a bug in early versions of AoE 1, when we can choose multiple farms and a farmer, and we press S or click Stop and boom, all the nearly-exhaused farms are now full of food. But this bug is actually accepted in common players and ALL the professional games in Viet Nam and China until now. Please make this bug an option so we can choose to toogle it on or not as we want.
  2. Viewer Mode.
    Basically a mode similar to the viewer mode in League of Legends, where a limited number of people can watch a game among other players without affecting the game, with the options of who to watch, or to display the parameters or not, etc, with a few minutes delay from live games.
    This will really help in shoutcasting games. At present, the casters must directly watch players’ screens and cast, which is very inconvenient and may cause problems because they need to use others third party softwares to assist their castings, which happens every days (you can visit Vietnam Game TV Youtube channel, it broacasts tens of games every day of the top players of Vietnam, especially Chim Sẻ Đi Nắng, the Faker of AoE 1). This viewer mode will help them simplify their works a lot and prevent manr problems to occurs.
  3. Replay mode
    A common game feature atm, which helps you save and replay the games you played or watched, so you can earn more experiences and avoid mistakes in the future.
    Those are the features I want AoE: DE to have most! What about you? Do you agree with those or not? And do think of any feature you want this remake game to have?
    P/s: Please pardon my bad English!

I played a game with the Chinese/Vietnam community a few weeks ago on Gameranger and they seemed to ban walling, which I thought was quite odd and didn’t like, but host can have whatever rules they want :).

On Voobly some of the western players use a shared exploration mod which allows people to research writing in the stone age in houses - again didn’t like it but I respect people having different rules and ideas and support nodding.

You posted this before.

@Augustusman said:
You posted this before.

Yeah! Actually I want to post it in General Discussion but by some mistake it was posted in here.
Any admin or mod, if see this please delete this post.

I agree that 2 and 3 are essential features for a modern RTS, but 1 is a bug and will certainly not be in the final game.

Replays are almost mandatory for modern RTS games although spectator mode isn’t quite so much.

I would obviously say that bugs should be removed, not have them as a toggle. :smiley:

I want there to be a Scythe Chariot Archer

I agree with the farm bug, though that is not the only problem you will have. The 1.0 version also has several other things, such as shang vils costing only 35 food.

@BlazingGaming13 said:
I agree with the farm bug, though that is not the only problem you will have. The 1.0 version also has several other things, such as shang vils costing only 35 food.

It’s not a bug, it’s an advantage of Shang comparing to other empires, like Yamato calvaries could be purchased for just 52 food.

@MeganeSenpai94 said:

@BlazingGaming13 said:

It’s not a bug, it’s an advantage of Shang comparing to other empires, like Yamato calvaries could be purchased for just 52 food.

Yes but in the 1.0a version shang villagers cost 40 food, not 35. There are also other differences.