The future of Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Yeah I’m aware, but it does feel weird not having a proper representation of Prussian and Austrian troops in battles where they were integral.

For me, I feel that there should be better European uniforms for gunpowder units, everything is starting to feel very generic for Europeans. Before anyone says it would confuse game play to have lots of very different looking units, look at all the 14 new civs we’ve had since the original 8, all with very unique units that are still distinguishable from one another.

Who doesn’t want to see more Pickelhaube (pointed helmets) bobbing up and down across the battle field??? :grin:

To bring us back on topic of what I think should be in the future of AOE3de, I think a re-skinning of the Skirmisher unit has to be coming as at the moment it looks like a rifled scout unit (like a militia) used to fend off Native American raids, rather than the professional proud decorative soldiers that fought in the Napoleonic Wars - such as the French Voltigeurs and Prussian Needle Gunners.

P.s. more about this at Should all generic Royal Guard units be re-skinned? and Meme of Empires 3

1 Like