The game suddenly closes while playing the game

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: ######
  • GAME PLATFORM: Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: *How often does the issue occur?
sometimes

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Hi, welcome here.

Could you add a bit more information about your issue.

Like does it happen at a campaign, MP or SP skirmish against AI game?
Also the installed version of the AOE II DE (check bottom of main screen or through app settings).
And the version of Windows 10 running including release and build number.
At which point in time during game play the issue occurs?
Which additional security or antivirus software is installed (if there’s any)?

Last but not least, some detailed specs about your computer or a full dxdiag report saved as text file and uploaded to the forum.

The game crush in MP
Aoe II DE version is new patch
Win 10 latest version
Game crush approximately in castle age
i dont have anti-virüs program
dxdiag: I couldn’t upload a file becuse ‘Sorry, new users can not upload attachments.’??
System Information

Time of this report: 1/19/2021, 11:13:46
         Machine name: NIRVANA
           Machine Id: {AA8E53D8-EA29-40AA-9BAC-E126BEE4FFCC}
     Operating System: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit (10.0, Build 19041) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
             Language: Turkish (Regional Setting: Turkish)
  System Manufacturer: CASPER BILGISAYAR SISTEMLERI.A.S
         System Model: CASPER NIRVANA NOTEBOOK
                 BIOS: CP118 (type: UEFI)
            Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
               Memory: 8192MB RAM
  Available OS Memory: 8078MB RAM
            Page File: 4589MB used, 6161MB available
          Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
      DirectX Version: DirectX 12
  DX Setup Parameters: Not found
     User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
   System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
      DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
             Miracast: Available, with HDCP

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Supported
DirectX Database Version: 1.1.9
DxDiag Version: 10.00.19041.0546 64bit Unicode

This is fine too. Thank you.

Do you run the game on internal SDD or harddisk?

To me it sounds like the infamous MP team bug that happens while advancing to next age (by anyone of the players). More topics about that issue can be found on the forum.

My best guess about this problem is that something goes wrong during sideloading of the game assets for the next age, so if apps like Malwarebytes Antimalware (or any other) are used they could interfere with this too by slowing things down too much. For this reason more memory or SSD could help solve your issue as delay and timing issues may be the main problem here.

Very difficult problem for developers to solve too, as stability of internet connection between all players comes into play here too.

Probably it happens in your case at the time one of the players hits the advance to castle age button.

Do you experience lag while advancing to feudal?

first of all thank you for your help. I watched my previous 2 games.These were games that were broken. First broken game is 1v1 MP the game suddenly closed in dark age(no advancing feudal age).Second broken game is 1v1 MP the game suddenly closed when i advancing castle age(%77) and my opponent already was castle age. I don’t know how to find out if the game is on hard drive or sdd but my pc has very large empty .but there is enough free memory on my computer.

You are welcome of course.

I do know that since last patch there seem to be stability issues while record game is enabled.

Probably it’s a harddisk then. The game heavily benefits from fast storage.

Maybe you could ask a friend close to check the latter.

Wish you all the best and good luck with solving it. And I hope that the developers can make it better of course. Still check regarding SSD as you will never want a HDD as system drive again. :wink: