The game was ruined by the last update. Fixes and suggestions

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 100.12.29715.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

First of all I want to thank everyone involved in the hard work to keep the game attractive and up to date.

The whole game was ruined, I don’t know how to explain it without creating about 10 threads, but basically the biggest bug is the update.

So I will treat here as patch 100.12.29715.0 a single bug. The entire patch is a bug with many consequences.

Its consequences:

1. Many shortcuts stopped working, like the one I use the most: the T key to find the Town Center.

2. The units, commands, actions, everything was very lag. Sometimes they blink, sometimes they crash, it was very strange and nauseating.

3. When building many times the image fails, turning green in places not allowed to build and should be red.

4. I don’t know if it’s because of the graphical glitches but the screen flickers and makes me nauseous after 30 minutes of playing. This only happened to me once two years ago playing VR.

5. The expanded mini map can’t change size or move the place, it takes up the whole screen.

6. The deck does not disappear for anything, neither by prayer nor by magic, not by ESC or by trying any other shortcut. The damn deck only disappears by pressing the flag button again.

7. Why didn’t you make the decks in the actions UI, where are the building buttons and troop actions? (view image). Just like any other menu, when changing focus or pressing any other shortcut, the deck should disappear. In the image location, it makes everything very organic, simpler and more agile. Of course the location would change for each layout type, Legacy, Classic, Definitive etc. And an additional option of after sending all the shipments, the deck to close itself would be interesting.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play multiplayer matches

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

patch recall until a new version is fixed

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

3 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

I had to create additional posts to include more images as the forum is limited to 1 image per post for new members. I hope my suggestions were useful and I am at the entire development team’s disposal for any other suggestions or queries.

3 Likes

I don’t believe they will answer you or any other thread that talks about patch #29715.

The T hotkey works to me, and you can close the minideck by clicking H (its Hotkey)

For me the T key doesn’t work anymore. And before this patch when we opened the deck, click on the minimap or use any other action shortcut, like going to town center (T) or going to explorer (/) the deck closed by itself. Now we have to relearn how to close this. It’s a setback when you need one step more to do the same thing. Don’t get me wrong, Homecity in 3d is useless and it always has been, and anything that eliminates homecity is a good thing.

The bug that makes the game lag like hell does definitely need to be fixed. Also, some suggestions I have are:
[General]
*Increase the maximum of units to carry at the same time from 50 to 60
*Have the cheat code “A whole lot of love” give 100000 of each resources just like what the “ninjaconnor” cheat code from AoE2 does instead of 10000 of each resources

[Ottomans]
*Dragoons speak the same dialogue as the Cavalry Archer instead of the Abus Gun because it would make more sense for the Dragoons to speak the same dialogue as the Cavalry Archer
*Heavy Cannon speak the same dialogue as the Great Bombard instead of the Mortar

[United States]
*Unique dialogues are created for the Carbine Cavalry (it would also be given to the Dragoon as well), Minuteman, Mortar, and Heavy Cannon
*The Falconet speaks dialogue instead of no dialogue (the dialogue can be the same as the Horse Gun just like how it is in most other civs)

1 Like

i have the same problem my game is very lag even with 3070 i dont know why after this update we even cant play the game its like 10 hrtz

1 Like