The Imperial age needs a rework? (Poll and some ideas)

In addition to giving a counterpart to other civilizations. For example, an Aztec temple that can create skull knights and has new exclusive improvements and replaces the community plaza, or an administrative building for the Incas, which also replaces the plaza and can create Western-influenced units such as cavalry units and cannons ( similar to the papal units of italy).

obraz

New to the Capitol would be a Big Button “Victorian Era” that would add brand new technology to that building. To be able to do this, you would need to collect the appropriate amount of the fourth resource. By clicking on this Big Button, access to brand new technologies would be unlocked (would cost a fourth resource):

1. Army Reform - replaces all archaic units with more modern ones. Explorers become Officers and gain the Inspirational Flag ability.
  2. Navy Refrom - gives access to training Ironclad and Steamer. Ships can train Marines (naval equivalents of Militiamen).
  3. Fort Wagon - allows you to rebuild a Fort that was shipment from your Home City (first time increases build limit +1)
  4. Factory Wagon - allows you to rebuild a Factory that was shipment from your Home City (first time increases build limit +1)
    +two Unique Technologies exclusive for each civ

Church would automatically receive unique technologies that need to be accessed using the Home City card. You would have to pay a modest fourth resource value for these technologies.

As you can see, the fourth European resource would be most useful where there are the greatest shortages, i.e. in the Imperial Age.

BTW. A building like the University would be my dream but unfortunately I doubt that another building for European civs will be added to Imperial Age, unless I’m wrong.

BTW. 2.0. I believe units like Surgeon and Cows should be trainable by default so that some old and stupid Home City cards don’t have to clutter the deck of cards.

3 Likes

I would settle for allowing the factories to be rebuilt. Increasing the cap would have a drastic impact on the balance in the long run.

The university would be a great addition, but many things would have to be readjusted so as not to be unfair to other civilizations. That’s why he mentioned that we would have to extend the options to other civilizations as well.

2 Likes

In the 2007 - my friend often said that it no sense go to the 5th age))) I liked the third idea. Add small deck of 10 cards from those that wouldn’t normally be useful.

2 Likes

Yes, the Imperial age simply exists because of the imperial improvements and the homecity blockade and spies, for something I do not bother to advance to it, I prefer to stay in industrial age and have the possibility of revolutionizing myself…

2 Likes