The Most OP Eco Civilisation (Based on SotL’s Video)

Nah, there are still a ton of OP ideas, strongest monks, strongest siege, strongest onager civ (because they deserve a category of their own), strongest gunpowder, strongest UU, and so on…

1 Like

Lithuanians + 150 food, Chinese +3 extra villagers, Malay faster age up, and vikings free wheel and hand cart. Nothing else is necessary. Japanese tech tree with Kipchak as the UU, Recurve bow + Kasbah as UT’s.

Japs have a solid tech tree all around, and giving Kipchaks +2 damage/range is one very easy way to capitalize on being upwards of ten villagers ahead for free.

1 Like

I actually wonder if not to take the war wagon as UU. It’s actually a ridiculously strong pushing unit , especially when paired with mangos.

The EA could also work, too.

Easy…

Tech tree: Koreans

Bonuses:

• TCs and dock have double the HP and works 5/10/15/20% faster (persians)
  • Resources last 15% longer (mayans)
  • Buildings have 10/20/30/40% more HP (byzantine)
  • Spear line and skrim line units cost 25% less (byzantine)
  • Foot archers get +1/2 range in castle/imp (britons)

TB:

• Walls are 50% cheaper (mayans)

UTs:

• Timurid siegecraft +2 range on treb (tartars)
  • Crenelations +3 range in castles (teutons)

UU:

• Chu Ko Nu

You have more HP on building, more range on castles, trebs and archers (CKN with more range to kill rams), longer lasting resources and cheaper trash to counter all the enemy have to trow at you.

Koreans also have FU foot archers, halbs, BBC and SO, and the full uni tech tree.

1 Like

Well I meant a “pure defense” civ. A civ which has no eco or offensive bonus by any means. So persian, mayan and briton bonus would be forbidden, aswell as the team bonus and maybe timurid, besides it may actually be a necessary bonus. The Feitoria could be allowed to make a reason for being defensive.

It makes no sense to make a OP defensive civ which has any offensensive options until the very lategame.

So also the only “allowed” UU would actually be the EA, because it’s basically useless in almost all offensive content until you have like 20 or 30 of them for a slow push.

But I like your build.

All those bonuses are there for defensive purposes, their offensive purpose are just collateral.

More range on foot archer is needed to avoid archers out-range you, and to buff skirms that can kill siege rams from behind the walls.

Timurid siegecraft is again needed to avoid enemy outrage you and destroy your castle from afar. Cheap trash is needed to have something to trow at your enemy troops if they try to raid you or try to push you.

Lastly, the persians bonus is needed for more HP on TCs and docks (case there is water, you may need it), the faster production is a plus, but it helps to get the eco for those defences.

Lastly, the mayan bonus means more gold and stone for the long run.

I know, but they would be used for that in a real game. I think it’s better just to allow more civ bonusses which are all defensive than less which have also a offensive component to them.
Especially the mayan bonus is one of the best early bonusses, too.

There I agree, it might just be needed to survive long enough.

And I would actually take the Ethiopian tree, because it allows full siege, camels and also most university techs. There is actually no optimal tree, but I think Ethiopians comes closest to a full turtle mode civ at all stages of the game. Koreans miss camels, which are I think actually a must.

Since Ethiopians tree isn’t good vs infantry, I’d like to take cataphract as UU with them.

aka the UBER DOUCHE if we use the old Persian bonus

and post must be at least 20 characters

Teuton mangudai poggers

You can also add inca, berber and indian villager bonuses to those UT, for
cheaper, faster, armored, surpremacy flemish militia

Yeah you’re right it makes no sense with them. Just wanted to add a extra dimension.
Maybe magyar hussar or mameluke would be a better fit. Or leitis.

Just use Keshik tbh, it’s basically like a Paladin that generates gold while fighting.

I know how strong the keshik is, but it adds no extra dimension to them. If they can win with pala, they can make pala like crazy. For Keshik you still need castles.
Conq or arambai could actually work, too.

Or you could take a different tree like ethiopians, khmer, koreans, saracens or byzantines and add the keshik (or even Tarkan). This would maybe a better Idea. Need to check which tree is actually the best fit then.

You are quite right, Keshik is probably the most boring pick, but a very safe one. You could also try Cataphract (if you replace one of the unique techs to Logistica), as it is a mind-bendingly good unit, but usually too expensive to field… but with a full eco civ it might just be viable.

1 Like

I think Saracens + Keshik could be awesome. I think I would prefer them to teutons + anything.

1 Like