The Most OP Naval Civ (Based on SotL's Video)

Can somebody do the calculations and figure out how much a Turtle Ship would cost according to T-West’s idea?

• 150 F or lumberjacks work 15 % faster (bonus is comparable in the aftermath)
  • Warships cost -15% Feudal Age, -15% Castle Age, -20% Imperial Age
  • Military units Cost –20% less wood (except siege weapons)
  • Military units cost 20 % less Gold
  • Feitoria available in Imperial Age

Unique unit: Turtle ship (91 W / 108 G)

Mmm let’s see…

In theory, if I’m not mistaken, it should be 114 wood and 108 gold.

Maybe you should trow in there the persians TC-dock bonus and celts faster lumberjacks too.

But also berbers faster movement would be nice…

As for the UT probably Carrack and scrutage.

I still prefer cheaper longboats

That gold cost is a bit high but I’m sure it’s manageable.

I thought about it, but wasn’t sure if it’s that important with a cheaper dock (you can just get fishing ships out earlier)

Also thought about the Huns don’t need houses bonus, but the -100 wood kinda stings at the start

yeah, but you have to survive to imp to get them that cheap. good luck getting there.

yeah you’re right. I didn’t know it by remembering and looked into wiki page, where the discount is already included…

Wasting most of your bonuses on just one unit is worse than having a civ that has tons of different OP things.

1 Like

Yeah, I use several smartphone app for this reason

1 Like

you only use the turtles in the lategame, before the 3 other available units are enough and also 35 % discounted. The turtles are the portuguese counter, no other civ has a chance against that naval civ at any time of the game.

this is exactly my concern. by the time you can start rolling out those turtle ships you’re going to get overwhelmed.

but you only have two bonuses left. are you going to go with eco bonuses to help you get to castle age faster, or you going to go military bonuses?

Tech tree: Spanish
Team Bonus: Dock 15% cheap (Vikings)
Bonuses:

• Dock and University techs are 33% cheap (Italians)
  • Warships cost -15% Feudal Age, -15% Castle Age, -20% Imperial Age (Vikings)
  • Galleys attack 25% faster (Saracens)
  • Fire Ships attacks 25% faster (Byzantines) - IDK why no one picked this one so far.
  • Lumberjacks work 15% faster (Celts)

Unique Unit: Longboat (Vikings)
Unique Technologies: Carrack (Portuguese), Scutage (Sicilians)

no it is not, sotl used this at the archer civ i think or at least at an civ

he even took a tech that was not in the game any more bruh

Then pick Burgandians for the economy tree and celts for the wood bonus and then a civ which has Shipwright.

Fast Fire Ships resist much of the bonus damage (8 or 10 armor) and base damage (9 pierce armor after Careening/10 after adding Currack).

So Caravels (like Galleons are terrible). It is like Ballista Elephants attacking Lithuanian Skirmishers.

Those bonuses apply to all other ships as well. So cheaper Galleys, cheaper Fires, cheaper Demos. That’s a really nice bonus. I’m not sure what the rules are of making OP civs, but I think there’s room to add some more bonuses too 11.

It’s based off a video on YouTube. Esentially the rules are:

• Pick a theme (e.g. water)
  • Pick 5 civ bonuses
  • Pick a Team Bonus
  • Pick a base tech tree (does not include Unique Units or Unique Techs)
  • Pick a Unique Unit
  • Pick 2 Unique Techs

We’ve already been messing around with other themes in other threads.

P.S. I’d be curious what you would come up with for most OP pacifist civ :smiley: (jokes aside, it would be interesting to know what you think would be the most ridiculous infantry, cavalry and archer civs)

1 Like

Most OP pacifist civ? Could be:

Spanish tech tree

• Monks get +5 HP for each monastery upgrade
  • Monastery upgrades 50% cheaper
  • All units cost 20% less gold
  • Siege Workshop units 15% cheaper
  • Buildings +10% HPs Dark, +20% Feudal, +30% Castle, +40% Imperial Age

Unique techs: Great wall, Furor Celtica

UU: Elephant archer, Missionary

Team bonus: Monks heal 50% faster

So you get 95 HP monk for almost nothing, and the fact you have masonry, architecture, fortified wall, Byz bonus and Great wall let you fatslob forever.

I also threw in a bunch of siege bonuses since destroying buildings is allowed. The Spanish tech tree isn’t the most fit for that but siege ram with all those bonuses don’t need siege engineers anyway especially since you want them to be damage sponges, and you don’t need good onagers or scorpions either.

Elephant archers on passive stance would be a decent-ish damage sponge combo’d with faster healing monks, without being as insanely expensive as war eles. If it sounds too memish to you, then go for keshiks instead. They tank too and they aren’t too expensive so you can send them run to the other side of the map to distract the enemy.

Lith TB is an alternative too.

1 Like