The most shocking stat

I beg to differ. The Sword line is an excellent counter to trash, eagles, camels and buildings. The +3 attack also applies to buildings. So massed Champion swarm is hard to stop without Stone Walls and proper counter units. Heavy Cavalry (except Cataphracts and Leicai) ceases to be a proper counter in 1vs1 due to gold inefficiency.

1 Like

yes thats why we see burmese use their swordsman line so much.

if this is true why are burmese so low in winrates?

Simply because most games end before mid-Imperial Age. Gold efficiency comes in only after that.

1 Like

so what you’re saying is that during a period of time which largely doesn’t exist in the meta right now burmese are a great civ. thanks for proving my point.

Yeah you can say that surely for most maps. I think the win rates have dropped because people are still over-dependent on Arambai. Burmese have good Cav options till mid-Imperial Age and can switch to Champions after that.Manipuri Cavalry isn’t great of a bonus, but can be helpful at times. They still have a very reliable economy bonus.

Unfortunately this also isn’t really the civ’s fault, people playing mostly Arabia makes civs that have a good lategame look very bad. But I am not disagreeing with you, Burmese civ needs a rework, as it doesn’t seem to be particularly good at anything right now.

Well, Burmese are consistently more decent than Vietnamese and Malay. In order to buff those three… Time to buff battle elephant again? I know we are talking about 1v1, maybe we need another solution. But the thing is that they are also bellow 50% in teamgames (including khmer), so there is some room for battle elephants to be better.

Maybe just change the Arambai to be accurate instead of the constantly missing things right in front of it thing, adjust (lower) its DPS so that it’s not broken, give the civ decent skirms, disable crossbow if needed.

1 Like